Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Naked & Afraid...

Naked & Afraid...

On Discovery. Are you watching it?

I'm hooked!

Survival without group rivalries and clothing.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

I thought it was a stupid idea too, until my partner made me watch an episode. The guy was hot so I stuck around and watched it. And then I watched a rerun, and then another. Now I'm hooked!

Internet pr0n is better.

I'd rather watch the Venture Bros. cartoons. ;)
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Wait until you see how he catches large mouth bass, hands free.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by K9CCH View Post
    I thought it was a stupid idea too, until my partner made me watch an episode. The guy was hot so I stuck around and watched it. And then I watched a rerun, and then another. Now I'm hooked!
    TV is the instrument of the devil and a bigger time pig than the intertubes. Empty calories, baby.

I haven't watched a TV show consistently since "LA LAW" back in the 80's, although we do watch Jon Stewart on the net once in awhile. We don't have cable.

Since we're away from "home base", I can't watch the Niners games off air except when they play the Lambs or da Bears or if it's a nationally televised game. (Kaep rocks! Turlock...University of Nevada, Reno rules, sorry Adam...it doesn't get any better than that!)

I don't miss it at all. If I have a serious boredom jones and the bands are dead, I've got cheapie netflix and roku. One night when Sarah was at the Isotope Fun House working grave, I watched 6 episodes of "Law and Order, SVU" in a row. I wasn't even hopped up on goofballs! cha-ching!

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by K9CCH View Post
    Did you see the "Behind the Scenes / Tell All" show? It was pretty interesting being "In the heads" of the "Survivors"; you had people who almost hated each others guts having to depend on each other for 21 days.

There was more medical intervention that was not shown in the series, I think it would have been impossible for the ones who made it the whole 21 days to have done so without medical support for the cuts and bruising; too much chance for infection. The fellow "Puma", who drank the un-purified water had to be airlifted out to a hospital for a weeks stay. He says, a year later and he is still not 100%.

Watching all of the episodes gave me a healthy respect for those teams that completes the challenge; suddenly, it seems like a good idea to stockpile a punch of drinking water and Bic lighters.

Quote Originally Posted by WU9G View Post
    I watched 6 episodes of "Law and Order, SVU" in a row. I wasn't even hopped up on goofballs!
    But...where's the fun in that?
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Forum Addict
    I have a TV, but it isn't hooked up to anything.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

I have no TV in my truck. I get to watch a glimpse when I go thru a truckstop or whatnot. I agree with WU9G. TV has nothing of value anymore (if it ever did). I watch NCIS on DVD and thats about it. I have my laptop and a hard drive with some movies but nothing like TV crosses my path