Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any plans to change the site soon ?

Witch Doctor
    I was just watching the movie One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest just before I read this thread and some others on the same tantrum.

And it just occurred to me that N1LAF is the Randall McMurphy of Ham Island and AD4MG is sort of the Nurse Ratched of the Forum.

I'm just waiting to see who is going to take the role of the Chief character . . . .

This is why I occassionally donate to the site - it's at least as good entertainment as cable TV and costs a lot less.

I meant to comment earlier...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Any plans to change the site soon ?
    I find very little wrong with this place. You & Bubba are welcome to find another beach, if it's not to your liking.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by WN9HJW View Post
    I was just watching the movie One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest just before I read this thread and some others on the same tantrum.

And it just occurred to me that N1LAF is the Randall McMurphy of Ham Island and AD4MG is sort of the Nurse Ratched of the Forum.

I'm just waiting to see who is going to take the role of the Chief character . . . .

This is why I occassionally donate to the site - it's at least as good entertainment as cable TV and costs a lot less.
    Yeah, I'm a cold, heartless tyrant and N1LAF is a hero with a tremendous sense of humor. You nailed it, big guy.
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Witch Doctor
    Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg View Post
    Yeah, I'm a cold, heartless tyrant and N1LAF is a hero with a tremendous sense of humor. You nailed it, big guy.

You got it backwards. You've never read the book, I take it. That's OK. It's common for people who watched the movie as kids years ago to mistake McMurphy for a hero and Nurse for a "heartless tyrant".

McMurphy is an immature idiot trouble maker. McMurphy ends up lobotomized then dead. That's not a good thing.

Nurse Rached tries to keep the loonies under control. Nurse Rached wins in the end.

Chief is the hero.
    Last edited by WN9HJW; 07-21-2013 at 12:03 PM.

You got it backwards. You've never read the book, I take it. That's OK. It's common for people who watched the movie as kids to mistake McMurphy for a hero and Nurse for a "heartless tyrant".

McMurphy is an immature idiot trouble maker. McMurphy ends up lobotomized then dead. That's not a good thing.

Nurse Rached tries to keep the loonies under control. Nurse Rached wins in the end.

Chief is the hero.
    I give you credit for calling that one! I never had the pleasure of reading the book. Huge mistake on my part. And, it has been many years since I watched the movie, which came out just about the time I graduated (1974), that I do recall. A quick check on IMDB reveals the film debuted in 1975.

I will set aside the cold, winter nights this year for reading that book, and get back to you on my impressions of the characters. Yours is an interesting perspective.
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Yeah, I'm a cold, heartless tyrant and N1LAF is a hero with a tremendous sense of humor.
    Only in the Bizzaro World of LAF....
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Vintery, mintery, cutery, corn,
    Apple seed and apple thorn,
    Wire, briar, limber lock
    Three geese in a flock
    One flew East
    One flew West
    And one flew over the cuckoo's nest
    Oh.

:roll:

Insinuating that Luke is the Embodiment of the Combine? I don't think so. Fergawdsakes.
    Maybe I'll rip my computer from it's place, throw it out the window, and run away.

Damn right, I read the book. And many others.
    Last edited by WØTKX; 07-21-2013 at 12:16 PM.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Chief is the hero.
    Chief kills McMurphy after the lobotomy. I also recall the kid with the stutter killing himself after the nurse browbeat him following the incident with the hooker. It's a disturbing movie, I guess the book is similarly disturbing?

Witch Doctor
    Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post

I don't think so.
    I didn't think you would.

As you often do, you read way too much into things. Don't take it literally.
    Last edited by WN9HJW; 07-21-2013 at 12:50 PM.

Witch Doctor
    It's a disturbing movie, I guess the book is similarly disturbing?

Even more so.