Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any plans to change the site soon ?

Quote Originally Posted by N1LAF View Post
    There has been a marked slowdown, and more people leaving.
    No, that's inaccurate. Traffic here continues it's usual, gradual increase, and the membership grows every day. I approved 5 new members just yesterday.

Once we rid the political forum of troll posts and the associated nastiness, I predict the increasing rate of civil discussion will spur greater activity there, especially with the mid terms approaching.

We're going with the quality over quantity approach. Numbers don't impress anyone, look at QRZ, it has reverted back to a total cesspool, but they have gazillions of members! Whee!

It appears your new goal is to inflict maximum damage upon the site. I have a suggestion, Paul. For the benefit of all the good folks here, if this is all you have, please leave. We're not going to allow a return of the nastiness here, and that decision is final. If you would like to find a way to fit in, please do. Just be aware that things here are not as they once were, and that's the way it is.
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

An additional comment on this topic...

I've already stated this, but we've determined that the constant trolling in the political forum created the nasty atmosphere that encouraged vicious personal attacks. While these classic meltdowns may have generated additional traffic in the style of a train wreck, this is not sustainable. In the long run, folks are offended by some of the vicious comments, and they do leave. I can name a half dozen long time members who no longer visit here because of the vicious attacks, and I'd love dearly to have them back.

The disaster that was once our political forum is over. We encourage vibrant, lively discussion, even strong disagreement, but we will no longer allow the relentless trolling or singularly personal attacks. Sooner or later, someone from the other side of the spectrum will offer a troll posting, and it will be met with the same result. The political forum is now for adult discussion.

If you have an ax to grind, take it elsewhere. As to the QRZ comparison, there will be no bannings unless someone really wants to force our hand.

I'm confident that we can return to being a forum where amateur radio operators may discuss the topics of the day without fear of retribution from the staff, and free from the disgust of being personally insulted by others.

Thread locks do no damage, except for those whose ego overrides common sense. Don't troll, incite hatred, or personally insult others, and we won't lock the threads. Act as an adult, and be treated as one. That's in our rules, and seems pretty reasonable.

ETA: Nobody ever said that a new discussion of a topic in a locked thread was forbidden. Almost any reasonable topic is allowed, so if a thread you were interested in gets locked, start a new one!
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg View Post
    An additional comment on this topic...

I've already stated this, but we've determined that the constant trolling in the political forum created the nasty atmosphere that encouraged vicious personal attacks. While these classic meltdowns may have generated additional traffic in the style of a train wreck, this is not sustainable. In the long run, folks are offended by some of the vicious comments, and they do leave. I can name a half dozen long time members who no longer visit here because of the vicious attacks, and I'd love dearly to have them back.
    1. Point out where it was trolling. If you look at the post, it was about 'privacy'. The fact it happened in the Obama admin was a statement of fact. I gave pertinent background information. I find the trolling comment suspect at best, an over-reaction.
    Thread locks do no damage, except for those whose ego overrides common sense. Don't troll, incite hatred, or personally insult others
    2. Let's see if your actions will meet your words. Example:

https://forums.hamisland.net/showthr...l=1#post550854

Give it up, Paul. Whining is unbecoming.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

1. Point out where it was trolling. If you look at the post, it was about 'privacy'. The fact it happened in the Obama admin was a statement of fact. I gave pertinent background information. I find the trolling comment suspect at best, an over-reaction.
    You're entitled to your opinion. I am celebrating the opportunity you're given here to express it. You want confrontation. Look elsewhere for it.

2. Let's see if your actions will meet your words. Example:

https://forums.hamisland.net/showthr...l=1#post550854
    Will you be acting as the judge on all my actions, Paul? Don't you have anything better to do? You want confrontation. Look elsewhere.

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA
    I'm not going to play your silly little game.

Things are different. Deal with it. Stop being a victim. It's boring.
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Give it up, Paul. Whining is unbecoming.
    It's all he has left.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    It's all he has left.
    I disagree. I recall Paul from the old days on QRZ, he did, and certainly can do far better. For some reason, he has chosen not to.

Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg View Post
    I disagree.
    We also agree to... ;)
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.