Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm fairly certain that...

I'm fairly certain that...

...although it isn't scientifically proven, this is the #1 movie of all time ever made.

You just like it because of the locker room scene.

Well yeah, there's that....

But this has ALWAYS been my absolute favorite movie.

We had to watch it in Spanish when I was in highschool.. I've never been able to take it seriously ever since.

Háblame, Goose.

I would have had sue my teach for ruining it for me. Seriously.

There are those who'd claim that The Boat Movie (as my daughter first dubbed it when she was very little) is the #1 movie of all time.

But to me, the measure of a great movie is this: Do you feel obligated to watch it when it appears on the boobus toobus... and do you enoy every minute of it, even though it is as familiar as the back of your hand? A movie that you can quote from almost without thinking about it... and most everyone recognizes the quotes.

There's only two movies that fall into that category in our house. But, why am I asking you? (That's going to leave a mark)
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

I can quote Top Gun forwards and backwards and I don't even have to be watching it.

Tried to watch Top Gun once, got about forty minutes in and turned it off in disgust. Tom Cruise couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Tried to watch Top Gun once, got about forty minutes in and turned it off in disgust. Tom Cruise couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag.
    Funny you should mention that, I've never been a TC fan either. In my opinion, what made the movie was the flying and the music, but that's just me.

I always wondered what that movie would have been like with a young John Wayne as Maverick. He is an actor that can make a great movie from a shitty script, whereas, Cruise tends to do just the opposite. Again, just my opinion. And we all know about opinions, huh?
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

"...the #1 movie of all time ever made..." is redundant and Tom Cruise Missile is wearing woman's lipstick from 1955. Anthony Edwards was alright as El Ganso though. (;->)

I saw the first release of Das Boot in German with English subtitles, somehow I like it more than the second release dubbed in English.

As for my vote for the number 1 movie, Forbidden Planet. It had quite a few firsts and a legacy, many props were reused in The Twilight Zone which was filmed by CBS at the same MGM studio location in Culver City and an episode of Lost In Space. It has a number of "Easter eggs" like the id monster having Dr. Morbius' goatee (it's his "evil self") and is a visual pun of MGM's mascot Leo the lion. Aside from all that it made quite an impression on this 7 year old kid on the big screen at Radio City and their ass kicking stereo sound system. Yeah, one version used a synchronized magnetic sound track.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.