Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What are these?

Sorry if I don't understand why you're even having this discussion... or maybe I DO. Could be you don't observe the following common sense rule, the only one you really need.

"I'll just remember to watch what I say and in what areas of the forum I say it in."

I'll just remember to watch what I say. STOP! Never mind WHERE you say it, if you can't say it everywhere you can't say it anywhere.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    Sorry if I don't understand why you're even having this discussion... or maybe I DO. Could be you don't observe the following common sense rule, the only one you really need.

"I'll just remember to watch what I say and in what areas of the forum I say it in."

I'll just remember to watch what I say. STOP! Never mind WHERE you say it, if you can't say it everywhere you can't say it anywhere.
    Have you ever been in a deposition ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Wow, you are a smart dude. The google spider is the NSA. However, you bring up a point that I have always felt strongly about. I was under the impression that only registered users could view the content of the sensitive / selective areas of discussion, ie. politics. etc. Apparently I was wrong. When I signed out, I could read everything. That is terrible. That means I can’t speak my mind anymore if Bob is watching... Most forums that are related to having a license in a specific area, or discussion , ham radio, ATC airline pilots forum, medical, law etc. etc. will only allow the public to view the general, or educational portions of the forum. I could list them all but it’s not necessary. I can’t even view the landscaping forum postings without becoming a member. I hope we put this up for a vote and change it.
    Google spiders are not the NSA. They are simply bots that scour the net for search links. In fact, anyone can run a spider. I run a spider on certain sites specifically related to my profession. The spider periodically collects updates and changes and updates followng the instructions in "robots.txt" for the given site and that information ends up in my personal search engine. If I wanted to I could spider the entire web but that would be pointless since I can use Google or Bing or Yahoo or any of the other publically available archive/search engines
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

As a general rule if you don;t want the public to know then don;t say it on the internet. Anything I have said here, or on FB, or most other sites is public knowledge to anyone interested and can be used against me by anyone who desires to do so,
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA
    yes
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

I try to make a deposit every day. With regularity.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman