Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What are these?

Your sigline is mockery.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Not from me. The way it is and has been is fine by me. I don't usually go out of my way to post things I can be mocked about, but if/when it happens, color me "I don't give a shit". Besides, I don't go to other sites to see if anyone is posting shit about me anyway. I have some real problems in my life to address, and believe me, that isn't one of them.
    If only you knew.

I was just wondering. I didn't mean to start an argument.

I've been a bit more forthcoming with personal information in my posts here because of the welcoming environment, and because I thought it was more or less not available to the public. I'll just remember to watch what I say and in what areas of the forum I say it in.

Quote Originally Posted by K9CCH View Post
    I was just wondering. I didn't mean to start an argument.

I've been a bit more forthcoming with personal information in my posts here because of the welcoming environment, and because I thought it was more or less not available to the public. I'll just remember to watch what I say and in what areas of the forum I say it in.
    Exactly !! Thats how I feel as well. Thats why I don’t see the downside in making the correction. Otherwise all future, potentially lively and vibrant discussions are going to be significantly dumbed down to lameness. I mean, if the forum rules allows you to talk crudely about LGBT issues, and drop F bombs on people freely, at least you should be a member to be able to read it. Just common sense. Thats not unreasonable. Upon further review of this topic, really the only forum that should be privatized additionally is the “Politics “ forum. I says “ The Forbidden Zone “ on the title, I mean WTF. The Decontam, and Rumbus are done appropriately already. The rest of the forum should be open. Now, saying all this, I know does not mean cr*p, as I know I am a worthless POS already and my opinion doesn't matter, as it shouldn't.

Thats the kind of sheet that will get you in trouble...

Especially when the basket fails...

Quote Originally Posted by WH2HAO View Post
    Exactly !! Thats how I feel as well. Thats why I don’t see the downside in making the correction. Otherwise all future, potentially lively and vibrant discussions are going to be significantly dumbed down to lameness. I mean, if the forum rules allows you to talk crudely about LGBT issues, and drop F bombs on people freely, at least you should be a member to be able to read it.
    The forum rules don't say one way or the other, although they request things be kept at a PG or PG-13 rating. It is our loose enforcement of the rules that allows things to roll. We'll step in when it gets out of hand. Also, except for a brief experiment, the rules here haven't changed significantly in over 7 years, and I'd say we have plenty of 'vibrant' discussions.

Just common sense. Thats not unreasonable. Upon further review of this topic, really the only forum that should be privatized additionally is the “Politics “ forum. I says “ The Forbidden Zone “ on the title, I mean WTF. The Decontam, and Rumbus are done appropriately already. The rest of the forum should be open. Now, saying all this, I know does not mean cr*p, as I know I am a worthless POS already and my opinion doesn't matter, as it shouldn't.
    I can't understand why you wish to hide political discussion. We hide the DZ because it's 99.9% QRZ discussions, and they grew old a while back. The Rumpus Room was a place for the odd, the macabre, and racy jokes that may not appeal to a wider audience.

By now you should have an understanding that you may state your opinion without fear of retaliation by any of the staff. Try that on your everyday amateur radio forum and let me know how it works out for you.

The political forum needs all the fresh air it can get. It keeps things in there from rotting.
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    Your sigline is mockery.

I prefer to think of it more as plagiarism.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg View Post
    The forum rules don't say one way or the other, although they request things be kept at a PG or PG-13 rating. It is our loose enforcement of the rules that allows things to roll. We'll step in when it gets out of hand. Also, except for a brief experiment, the rules here haven't changed significantly in over 7 years, and I'd say we have plenty of 'vibrant' discussions.

I can't understand why you wish to hide political discussion. We hide the DZ because it's 99.9% QRZ discussions, and they grew old a while back. The Rumpus Room was a place for the odd, the macabre, and racy jokes that may not appeal to a wider audience.

By now you should have an understanding that you may state your opinion without fear of retaliation by any of the staff. Try that on your everyday amateur radio forum and let me know how it works out for you.

The political forum needs all the fresh air it can get. It keeps things in there from rotting.
    I agree with you 100%. However, we are obviously talking about two totally different subjects without even knowing. We can pm if interested, but I’m loosing interest anyway.