Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: The 'What Are You Reading?' Thread

Runelore by Edred Thorsson just arrived today...i have about 30 books ahead of it.
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.

"The Radical Right and the Murder of John F. Kennedy. - Stunning evidence in the assassination of the President."

By Harrison E. Livingston

In time for the half centenary of the assassination.

Interesting premise.
    Last edited by N2NH; 11-09-2013 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Corrected quote to reflect the sub-title.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Tibetan Book of Living and Dying arrived yesterday. Just picked up Haunted America at B&N and Seven Daughters of Eve came in the other day....books arriving daily. We have issues.

Almost finished with the Aleppo Codex, follwed by Legends and Lore of Sleepy Hollow and the Hudson Valley,

After that by Who Discovered America?
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Finished the others, now on Who Discovered America? which is making a rather loose case that the Chinese did in 1421. Others are mentioned in passing. I think 1000AD (Vikings) and 450AD (Irish) have that beat, and I doubt if they were even the first since remains have been found going back to 30,000 BCE.
    Last edited by N2NH; 11-17-2013 at 10:54 AM.
    --Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by N2NH View Post
    Finished the others, now on Who Discovered America? which is making a rather loose case that the Chinese did in 1421. Others are mentioned in passing. I think 1000AD (Vikings) and 450AD (Irish) have that beat, and I doubt if they were even the first since remains have been found going back to 30,000 BCE.
    Asians did "discover" the new world. They did it via the Bering land bridge sometime between 15,000 and 40,000 years ago, depending on the theory to which you choose to subscribe.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Asians did "discover" the new world. They did it via the Bering land bridge sometime between 15,000 and 40,000 years ago, depending on the theory to which you choose to subscribe.
    I have no doubt that there have been numerous migrations into the western hemisphere. Most Native Americans are considered to be Siberian. Siberians are related to Indians/Pakistanis and are caucasian. Many Indians when given a DNA test are found to be caucasian. Columbus was right for all the wrong reasons. This group, it is sometimes theorized, was preceded by Polynesians/Indians who ended up at the remotest reaches of South America in Tierra del Fuego. They are of a different culture and DNA from Native Americans. The theory is that they arrived between 55,000 to 30,000 years ago and the wave of Siberians who came afterwards did pretty much to them what Europeans did to Native Americans later.

Saw it on NOVA a few years ago.
    --Philip K. Dick

No matter who got here first, i think most of the country can tell Chris Columbus to go fuck himself now.

Quote Originally Posted by N7YA View Post
    No matter who got here first, i think most of the country can tell Chris Columbus to go fuck himself now.
    But......but.......but.... he's the one that discovered Las Vegas.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

He can seriously go fuck himself then!