Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The 'What Are You Reading?' Thread

Quote Originally Posted by n6hcm View Post
    actually, that slows the changeover since eResources cost libraries much more than dead tree resources. your XYL should know this.
    She does. She also knows that many corporate libraries were shut down and went electronic with Fed Dollars during Bvsh II too.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Half way through QB VII by Leon Uris.

A masterpiece.
    Last edited by N2NH; 10-29-2013 at 03:20 PM.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Sharp Objects, another Gillian Flynn novel. She's good at her craft, which is writing compelling and insightful fiction.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

You know that fiddle of his? A gift from his boss...

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post

That's pretty twisted and funny stuff. So now you'll have good responses for 'IzE as well?
    --Philip K. Dick

Orca Whisperer
    Currently finishing up "Homeland", by Cory Doctorow. It's the sequel to his book,"Little Brother". Marketed as "Teen reader" and "Yound Adult", but a great book, nonetheless.
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Quote Originally Posted by NA4BH View Post
    Whoa !! They only have 9,999 lakes, that would make anybody snippy. 10,000 my ass.................
    11,842, over 10 acres.

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Medium Raw, by Anthony Bourdain. The XYL went on a used book buying spree a while back, lots of Neil Gaiman, Anthony Bourdain and Gillian Flynn, so I'm working my way though it all.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 11-01-2013 at 09:39 AM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Born In Blood: The Lost Secrets of Freemasonry, By John J. Robinson

Ive gone through a couple of books from my last post here. Im now on to Ghosts by Paul Roland.
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.

Dark Places, the last of the Gillian Flynn novels. Done with all the Bourdain and Gaiman books the XYL bought too; I don't know what I'm going to do once I'm done with this one.