Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The 'What Are You Reading?' Thread

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    How many books do you read a week/month?
    When I'm on a book-reading jag, as I am now, a couple a week for a few months running. Then I'll not read anything other than magazines or newspapers for a while until the urge to read a book hits me again.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 10-20-2013 at 08:20 PM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

RR
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

We have stacks of books all over this house. I am currently reading The Natural Navigator and Haunted Inns and Hotels. Just finished North To The Night...which was awesome!
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.

E readers rock. Back in the 70s, I had stacks of books around my apartment. Now I have more books to read and whenever I want a library book, I can download one from a 80+ association of libraries online. Comes in great when a blizzrd snows you in. Free books and newspapers - and no stacks - can't beat that
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

I dunno...i guess i have a romantic notion of oddly shaped booked stacked all over the place. Kind of an old wizards shop kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by N7YA View Post
    I dunno...i guess i have a romantic notion of oddly shaped booked stacked all over the place. Kind of an old wizards shop kind of thing.
    The XYL is a librarian by trade, so we agree, but they're evrn opening E-libraries with no books. They have computers instead. Thank the Internet and G. W. Bush. The internet for technology, Bush for cutting library budgets thus speeding this changeover.

Still, e-readers make it so you can travel with your whole library on a 7" flatscreen on no more than a Micro High Capacity SD Card. About the size of a small postage stamp. I'm posting from mine right now using the touchscreen.
    Last edited by N2NH; 10-22-2013 at 04:57 PM.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

I will always have room for technology, and i will embrace it as long as its not designed to kill people. So that brings us back to books...we will be the weird, old collectors, i guess.

Besides, where would all of our cats sleep?

Quote Originally Posted by N7YA View Post
    I will always have room for technology, and i will embrace it as long as its not designed to kill people. So that brings us back to books...we will be the weird, old collectors, i guess.

Besides, where would all of our cats sleep?
    Plus, when you get old(er) you can stack them on the front seat so you can see over the steering wheel.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Plus, when you get old(er) you can stack them on the front seat so you can see over the steering wheel.
    Try and prop up a wobbly table with a Kindle and see how well that works.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Try and prop up a wobbly table with a Kindle and see how well that works.
    That's what laptops are for. Dead ones at least.
    --Philip K. Dick