Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The 'What Are You Reading?' Thread

MSDS sheets. Trying to determine why my eyes still burn ater I leave work. It's not the refries.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Quote Originally Posted by suddenseer View Post
    MSDS sheets. Trying to determine why my eyes still burn ater I leave work. It's not the refries.

Maybe something to do with the lighting or lack thereof perhaps? That was an issue for me where I used to work.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Neil Gaiman, American Gods.

Fun romp into fantasy with social commentary that will make you laugh out loud. Read it.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Cambridge exam course preparation papers. It would seem that work isn't done, even at 6:30 AM. Funny, one would think that is when it should start rather than end.

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

Rescuing the Bible from Fundamentalists by John Shelby Spong. A good starting point on realistic 21st Century Theology. The Vatican Diaries - a journalists view of the Vatican. Beginning Murder on the Rue Dumas and Haunted Catskills.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

I'm on a Neil Gaiman binge. Read American Gods, then a couple of books of his short stories, now I'm reading Anansi Boys.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Serpent by Clive Cussler. Fiction with some real events based on the collision of the MS Stockholm and the SS Andrea Doria, which sank.

Finished LA Noir (pretty good), finally got Haunted Catskills which looks great.

Nothing like good timing.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Finished Anansi Boys, read Bourdain's Nasty Bits, read two more Gaiman novels (Neverwhere and Stardust, the latter of which I realized I'd read before but can't remember when), now about to begin Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl on the XYL's recommendation.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 10-20-2013 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Finished Anansi Boys, read Bourdain's Nasty Bits, read two more Gaiman novels (Neverwhere and Stardust, the latter of which I realized I'd read before but can't remember when), now about to begin Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl on the XYL's recommendation.
    How many books do you read a week/month?