Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: The 'What Are You Reading?' Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wa6mhz View Post
    I am headed for the human's litterbox, and taking the DEC 14 QST with me! Great project on an 8877 KW amp in this issue!
    Oh no, toidy germs.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Oh no, toidy germs.
    You'se gets a lot more dan toidy goims from da terlet.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 11-19-2014 at 11:45 AM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Starting "Murder at the Vicarage" a classic by Agatha Christie. It's a lot more fun than I thought it would be.

BLURB: The tranquil village of St. Mary Mead, which nestles picturesquely in the rolling hills of the English countryside, is not quite as peaceful as it might first appear.

Over dinner at the vicarage, the vicar, his glamorous young wife Griselda, the handsome artist Lawrence Redding and Hawes, the nervous curate, discuss how they each would murder the odious Colonel Protheroe. Only Miss Marple has the foresight to warn them not to tempt fate.

The next day, Protheroe is found with a bullet in his head, slumped across the writing desk in the vicar's study...
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding

A series of Christmas short stories by Dame Agatha with both Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple stories.

The title story in audiobook form...

“The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

A good little book

"Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

--Philip K. Dick

Just finished listening to Silent Night, a book about the WW1 Christmas Truce of 1914. Now listening to "A Failed Empire: The Soviet Union in the Cold War from Stalin to Gorbachev (The New Cold War History)"

And on my Kindle: Just finished "A Christmas Carol" by Dickens (which is my tradition this time of year). I am back to reading "The First World War" by John Keegan

And on the toilet, The 2015 World Almanac... it's like Wikipedia in book form!!

Jason N8XE
    "Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense." - Carl Sagan

Just finished with The Thousand Mile War, a chronicle of military action in the Aleutian Islands during WW II.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

If I didn't know better, I'd say it sounds like you guys are war mongers.

However, for what it's worth, I just finished up Pendulum of War: The Three Battles of El Alamein not too long ago. Good read.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL