Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The 'What Are You Reading?' Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    I'm gonna follow JEF's backwards tech and put the shingles down first and cover them with the 15# felt.
    Don't forget to ground.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Zen and the Art of Radio Telegraphy.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BVO...&robot_redir=1

Thinking about taking up cw when i get my 817 in a few months. Been many many years since i used cw and even then i only used it rarely. Gotta rebuild my mental discipline though. Its slipped big time in the last few yearsm

I'm gonna follow JEF's backwards tech and put the shingles down first and cover them with the 15# felt.
    You already fucked up. The plywood goes on last.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    You already fucked up. The plywood goes on last.
    I tried that but the shingles got all floppy and kept falling through the rafters.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

I tried that but the shingles got all floppy and kept falling through the rafters.
    It'll probably need around five layers.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Now on The Glass Teat by Harlan Ellison. A series of essays and columns that he wrote in the late 60s in the Los Angeles Free Press (FREEP).
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

I finished a HUGE book, Haunted America. Then i knocked out The Appian Way by Robert Kaster, an academic roadie about the ancient roads of Italy and all the history surrounding it.

I started reading The Songlines by Bruce Chatwin, about an Englishman going down to Oz and trying and earn enough trust of the white-hating Aborigines to let him hang out and learn about the ancient Songlines that the natives have been singing since the dream time. I will finish that one, but first, im going to crank out a simple book for fun, Ghosts of New England.

After that...who knows. I have a few to choose from (this is just ONE pile).

unnamed (4).jpg
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.

Quote Originally Posted by N7YA View Post
    I finished a HUGE book, Haunted America. Then i knocked out The Appian Way by Robert Kaster, an academic roadie about the ancient roads of Italy and all the history surrounding it...
    After that...who knows. I have a few to choose from (this is just ONE pile).

unnamed (4).jpg
    Nice selection. I'm doing the home is where your stuff is, so the Library must be my home. Downloading the books to the Nook from the Libraries here (still have the cards from the 3 Libraries in NYC too). Came in handy in the winter of 2012-13 when we were snowed in for 3 weeks...

Now beginning San Francisco Noir and Los Angeles Noir.
    --Philip K. Dick

My son has summer homework, he has to read two books and and do a report on each. He picked 'Beloved' by Toni Morrison which, I read back in 1989 before there was a public Internetwork and, 'A Choice of Weapons' by Gordon Parks.

I am currently reading the Gordon Parks autobiography first and then I will re-read 'Beloved'.

At the moment I'm reading Train: Riding the Rails That Created the Modern World-from the Trans-Siberian to the Southwest Chief but I doubt I'll get very far into it before I have to return it over the weekend.
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane