Page 668 of 765 FirstFirst ... 168568618658666667668669670678718 ... LastLast
Results 6,671 to 6,680 of 7648

Thread: The 'What Are You Listening To?' Thread

Encrypt everything. Even if you have nothing to hide. It increases the noise floor.

Encrypt everything. Even if you have nothing to hide. It increases the noise floor.

I know it's not music but here is Morgan Freeman's The 3 Little Pigs....lol

A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

“The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Its funny to hear the difference in club music then (1990), and now....

Quote Originally Posted by K9CCH View Post
    Its funny to hear the difference in club music then (1990), and now....
    Gotta admit, I've never been clubbing, but I do like Techno and Club Mixes. Used to do on-air boardwork at the local station and sometimes did a live mix on the air. Looks harder than it is with CDs. Records were bulky and needles could skip. It's good to hear some of these guys so you can see how they do it. We had 30 try out for on-air announcing at the college station I did a shift at. 2 were left in the end. They didn't realize it's not just playing CDs. ;)

Was going to post U-2's Honey Please Don't Go (Techno Mix), but I've already done that.
    If you have some new(er) Techno/Club Mixes I'd love to hear them.
    Last edited by N2NH; 08-21-2013 at 06:30 AM.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

"...I've never been clubbing..."
    You don't know what you missed but the baby seals do. I seldom listen to radio since the day the music died, I can't stand commercials and general yap yap, the college stations still play good stuff but they're weak and to kill the hiss I have to switch the receiver to mono, oh well. About 30 years and as many miles ago I used to go clubbing with a couple of friends, I'd listen to WDHA Morristown, NJ while getting ready and WLIR Garden City, LI, NY was on where we'd meet at one guys house, he was never ready on time. (;->) On the first leg of our pub crawl my car radio couldn't pick up either so it was WNEW-FM, NY, NY which put a slight gap in the club music. Oh, always primed the pump with a pint of cheap brandy and tossed the empty out the window at the top of the Edison Bridge over the Raritan River wondering if I hit a barge or something.

"They didn't realize it's not just playing CDs."
    CDs hadn't been invented yet and when it comes to a DJ mix vinyl is actually easier to work with, been there, done that. A friend had a cassette player in his car, a recorder and a small DJ mixer with two turntables in his house, we'd sit for hours making tapes for long trips in the car. I'd sort music according to tempo and genre so songs would segue well, often back and forth with many in a long mix so it was nearly impossible to tell what was going on, we'd just get completely lost in the music. That BTW was Pirate Radio The Next Generation, I had The Knack before there was a band. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_BAID7tNdo BTW the pirate wasn't club oriented, it was ass kicking rock by day and head music by night peppered by goofy shit like once the listeners got all worked up I'd play the Mickey Mouse Club theme or something by Judy Garland, maybe Vera Lynn or some other straight laced WNEW-AM style music. Sometimes I'd raid dad's collection of 78s and play some Muslim cat calling to prayer from the minerettes (Decca label brought back from Algiers after the war) just to keep them wondering how crazy I might get before the end of the show.

"If you have some new(er) Techno/Club Mixes I'd love to hear them."
    So would I but posting a link to You Tube or similar IMO pegs "you" as a no talent bum. What I'd REALLY like to hear are mixes by our Islanders, a whole lot easier than ever since the advent of digital formats and editing software. I'd strut my stuff except for the lack of techno/indie/club material and a place to stick it on the intertubes.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.