Page 599 of 765 FirstFirst ... 99499549589597598599600601609649699 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 5,990 of 7648

Thread: The 'What Are You Listening To?' Thread

The Dead Elvi with Pete Best

“The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

“The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

--Philip K. Dick

--Philip K. Dick

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by N2NH View Post
    For some reason, I don't remember hearing this song until 1985. I was carpooling with a guy from Derby, UK. He played it for me and since then I heard it on the radio many times.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Rated View Post
    For some reason, I don't remember hearing this song until 1985. I was carpooling with a guy from Derby, UK. He played it for me and since then I heard it on the radio many times.
    I used to regret missing songs but now I would think it a blessing. How often do you get to hear a new song by a group that hasn't been around in years? I am much like this with music from the 80s and 90s when I wasn't as into Rock as I am now. My late wife's home care attendant came from Poland. During the cold war the USSR censored much of the rock coming from England including the Beatles. You should've seen her face when I played Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club. She swore it wasn't the Beatles until I showed her the album. Voice of America didn't help. During the 80s when I was there, they decided to ban all rock and roll especially The Beatles.

There were so many songs written and recorded in the 60s that some of them didn't get released here until the early 70s. Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress - Hollies and The Moody Blues album Days of Future Passed come to mind. Both were done in the 60s and didn't get released until the early 70s. One of the guys who was in the Hollies got his royalty check in the mail and couldn't figure out why. The Hollies had been broken up for years at that point.

Last edited by N2NH; 09-20-2012 at 08:44 AM.
    --Philip K. Dick

--Philip K. Dick

--Philip K. Dick

Covered by Many but rarely done this well. Clapton on Lead.

Clapton, Beck and Page played lead for the Yardbirds sometimes two of them at a time.

Led Zepplin originally started as the Yardbirds who got their name from Keith Moon (Drummer for The Who). Keith had said they should keep the Yardbirds name and that if they changed it they would go down like a Lead Zeppelin.

--Philip K. Dick

Kids riding pissed off weed whackers down the road at uber high speeds of 20 KPH. Lmao. Which of course reminds me of The new Misadventures of Ichabod Crane.

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"