Page 11 of 765 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111511 ... LastLast

Thread: The 'What Are You Listening To?' Thread

Master Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by rot
    Let us not forget Monterey.
    Warning..if you watch this odds are your children will be born naked.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2o0Y-tvW_k
    rot
    JIMI!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rot
    Let us not forget Monterey.
    Warning..if you watch this odds are your children will be born naked.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2o0Y-tvW_k
    rot
    Lovin' it!
    I had the chance to see Jimi once, but blew it. Denver Pop Festival, 1969, was a 3-day concert (but no overnight stuff like Woodstock). A friend and I got permission from our folks to go to ONE night of it and we picked the first night which had Three Dog Night, Frank Zappa and Iron Butterfly. Jimi played on the 3rd night and it turned out to be the last performance for Experience. Experience disbanded before Woodstock, two months later. Today, no parent in their right mind would let their 13 year old kid go to something like that. It probably effed me up for life, but I don't remember much of it.

The long version:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlwtwYSLBfU

PS, rotley... if you're a Woodstock fan, you really owe it to yourself to get the director's cut DVD. It runs almost 4 hours and you'll love it. $15 on Amazon.

I saw him with my sister on a Monkee's tour.
    WTF did I know.
    I might go to Canada one of these days
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLQJ4toj-JY
    rot
    "In the field of opportunity, it's plowing time again."
    N.Young

Another great one from Woodstock.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQDakdp5WZ0
    rot
    "In the field of opportunity, it's plowing time again."
    N.Young

Banned
    I sat on de stage (almost alone) about 10 feet from him for 15 mins before I was asked to return to my seat. while he & the experience performed. They were passing around a qt bottle of beer. Spectrum in Philadelphia 1969.

WOW! Richie Havens ~ Handsome Johnny, man that brings back memories........ was too young for 1 and too old for 2, but really enjoyed life inbetween them both.

Quote Originally Posted by kf0rt
    I was 13 in August, 1969. Too young for Woodstock, but always a hippie at heart. Free love, a little ganja and being broke gotta beat bitches, ho's, crack and bling.

Here's the opening act. If you ever get the chance to see the Director's Cut DVD on a decent screen with a good sound system, don't pass it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk0sBEbqU5M
    quote]

I was just turning 16 when Woodstock happened. I was the only person under 22 in my neighborhood NOT to go. Some people were missing for over a year after that, but they all came home eventually. I was alone for nearly 10 days as the highway was stopped from the City Line in the Bronx all the way up to Yatzgers Farm.

That was the year of the 20th Century. Woodstock, the First Moon Landing and the '69 Miracle Mets beat the Oriole Dynasty in a year when they had 3 20-game winners (and 1 who won 19).

If I ever live through another year like that I'm not gonna make it.

The Summer of Love is the place I'd most like to go to if I were 16 again... I was 2 years too young for that one.
    Sgt Peppers vid
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by N2NH
    I was just turning 16 when Woodstock happened. I was the only person under 22 in my neighborhood NOT to go. Some people were missing for over a year after that, but they all came home eventually. I was alone for nearly 10 days as the highway was stopped from the City Line in the Bronx all the way up to Yatzgers Farm.

That was the year of the 20th Century. Woodstock, the First Moon Landing and the '69 Miracle Mets beat the Oriole Dynasty in a year when they had 3 20-game winners (and 1 who won 19).

If I ever live through another year like that I'm not gonna make it.

The Summer of Love is the place I'd most like to go to if I were 16 again... I was 2 years too young for that one.
    To be honest, I'm not sure I was aware of Woodstock until after it happened. My folks took us kids to see the movie when it came out, though -- believe it was rated 'R' for the very minor nudity it contained, and probably some of the language.

I probably overromanticize that era, but I sure would have loved to have been old enough to really "appreciate" it back then. Living a semi-sheltered kidhood out in the center-country 'burbs, it was just sound bytes on the radio and TV for the most part. In the summer of 1970, we took a family trip to San Francisco (my grandpop lived in SF) and spent a week there. Never got close to the Haight, but I think I still have a copy or two of one of the underground "free" papers. XYL and I went to SF in 1978 for our honeymoon. That's probably the closest I've been to "free love." :P :P

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kf0rt
    Boy...he sure crapped out towards the end. Wonder what got him? The fact he was human? Maybe he picked up some disease doing all that back door work?