Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Field Day 2013

Forum Addict

Field Day 2013

Who's heading out there this weekend? Any Islanders I can expect to hear? :)

I'll probably be splitting my time between 75 phone Saturday night and 40/15 phone otherwise. W4EZ, 9A battery again. 5 watts of futility fun...

Kind of wanted to take a spin at one of the CW stations this year, but I took a few months off from practicing and I'm nowhere near ready :quiet:
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by KG4NEL View Post
    Who's heading out there this weekend? Any Islanders I can expect to hear? :)

I'll probably be splitting my time between 75 phone Saturday night and 40/15 phone otherwise. W4EZ, 9A battery again. 5 watts of futility fun...

Kind of wanted to take a spin at one of the CW stations this year, but I took a few months off from practicing and I'm nowhere near ready :quiet:
    What's the club call you'll be using?

I should be able to hear you in the Corn Desert
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

Forum Addict
    W4EZ - Whiskey Four Echo Zannnnnnnnnnnnnnzibarrrrrrr

Yeah, in the past IL's been an easy shot. Only state I haven't consistently heard is Alaska - Hawaii's been fairly easy unless the solar cycle is completely bottomed out.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Listen for WA6BGS BIG GREEN SPIDER for a loud sig on 20M. That will be my 1965 Hallicrafters SR-400 and a 3 element tribander at 100Ft!

I'll be working PSK-31 on 15m as K6SEE during the day and probably on 20 and 40 late at night after the other old farts go to bed.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Damn....already?
    No plans here...and this area will be heavily represented anyway.
    Well, unless Luke wants to party and play radio ;)

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by ki4itv View Post
    Damn....already?
    No plans here...and this area will be heavily represented anyway.
    Well, unless Luke wants to party and play radio ;)
    One of those years when the 4th full weekend isn't the last weekend - I know, that week makes it feel early for me too.
    Jim

Going to a family reunion in IA, in the little roadster. I've thought about it, and might throw something together. But if it's an extra pair of shoes vs the radio? Well...
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    Going to a family reunion in IA, in the little roadster. I've thought about it, and might throw something together. But if it's an extra pair of shoes vs the radio? Well...
    I take it you'll be running barefoot then...right?

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4NEL View Post
    One of those years when the 4th full weekend isn't the last weekend - I know, that week makes it feel early for me too.
    Caused a screw-up with my club's reservation at our normal FD operating site, too, so we were forced to wing it at the last minute this year and set up at the Lakeside (CA) FD HQ. From a PR and emergency readiness standpoint, this actually makes more sense than the usual place way up in the woods (and allows us to operate as a Class F) but it's a really crappy location for radio—no clear shot to the northeast due to an adjacent hillside.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.