Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting guest view in some subforums

Getting guest view in some subforums

I am stuck using IE/9 at work on Winder's 7 at work. I noticed in the main forum I have a guest view. The Alph Hotel view is normal, except I cannot enter the "forbidden zone " as myself. I have a guest's view of that sub forum with guest polocies in force. I flushed the cookies, so it is not those files. Oh well.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Banned
    DCW.jpg

Yeah. What's up with that. I am hacking into DCW's and COR's account without even trying. I finally got back into mine.

I THINK.

Ugh! Serious fuck up after an upgrade.

Everything should be OK now.

Master Navigator
    I had a "Welcome VE7DCW" message when I called up the Island webpage. Looks like the problem was resolved before I had the chance to siphon all of Gerry's bank accounts.

The truth is: beyond the unexpected welcome message, the functionality of the board software seemed normal. I didn't have visibility into anybody's account except my own.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wb5ydk View Post
    I had a "Welcome VE7DCW" message when I called up the Island webpage. Looks like the problem was resolved before I had the chance to siphon all of Gerry's bank accounts.

The truth is: beyond the unexpected welcome message, the functionality of the board software seemed normal. I didn't have visibility into anybody's account except my own.
    I had visibility in to see who you had been PMing, but I couldn't see the PM's. I could see the titles and who they were from. I wasn't going to read boring PM's, but it kinda sucks that this could have happened.

Pretty bad breach.

Wasn't as bad as you think, if you tried to do anything of concern under the other person's account, it was getting security token mismatches and failing.

Banned
    Then something should have shown up on my account. I shouldn't have been seeing what I was seeing.

Obviously not. But if you had tried to actually read PMs or post messages, it would have given you an invalid security token message. Just saying.

Such incompetence. I guess.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    Such incompetence. I guess.
    I am sure Jeff is doing as good as he can. Back off.