Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: AM2+ MOTHERBOARD

WTB: AM2+ MOTHERBOARD

I am looking for an AM2+ motherboard for my computer. I need an AM2+ because I have the only AM3 chip that's actually an AM2+, the AMD PhenomII 940 Dragon. The problem is that if I go with a new chip, the only thing that matches or exceeds the performance will cost right around $180 to $200. That's more than a hot motherboard and 8 gigs of new ram.

If you have one that you're not using and want to sell, PM me and let's make deal.

Conch Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    I am looking for an AM2+ motherboard for my computer. I need an AM2+ because I have the only AM3 chip that's actually an AM2+, the AMD PhenomII 940 Dragon. The problem is that if I go with a new chip, the only thing that matches or exceeds the performance will cost right around $180 to $200. That's more than a hot motherboard and 8 gigs of new ram.

If you have one that you're not using and want to sell, PM me and let's make deal.
    Umm Form factor? ATX or micro ATX!
    "Love Trumps Hate."
    "You Facist, Sexual Predator!"
    " I thought a lot about blowing up the White House"
    Uh Huh, What Love?

I prefer ATX and something with 4 rows for ram and a PCI-E slot. What you got? Show me a picture. Will it take DDR2 PC8500 (1066) If it needs DDR3 that's OK too because my DDR2 strips are currently valuable (and they're pretty too.)

Conch Master
    I prefer ATX and something with 4 rows for ram and a PCI-E slot. What you got? Show me a picture. Will it take DDR2 PC8500 (1066) If it needs DDR3 that's OK too because my DDR2 strips are currently valuable (and they're pretty too.)
    I don't own anything that fancy. But I think we might have something in recycle stock at the place where I volunteer. I can't remember which AM2 AM2+ they might be. I'll check tomorrow
    "Love Trumps Hate."
    Uh Huh, What Love?

Quote Originally Posted by KK4AMI View Post
    I don't own anything that fancy. But I think we might have something in recycle stock at the place where I volunteer. I can't remember which AM2 AM2+ they might be. I'll check tomorrow
    OK. Thanks! Not really fancy. PCI-E is the most common video card slot and beats the pants off AGP. DDR3 is the new ram standard so people looking for DDR2 are having a hard time finding it.
    But it must be AM2+. That's the only thing that will work on my CPU.

Conch Master
    OK. Thanks! Not really fancy. PCI-E is the most common video card slot and beats the pants off AGP. DDR3 is the new ram standard so people looking for DDR2 are having a hard time finding it.
    But it must be AM2+. That's the only thing that will work on my CPU.
    Ha, my desktop toy is still an AMD Athlon XP +3200 with 1 Gb of DDR (PC3200)
    "Love Trumps Hate."
    Uh Huh, What Love?

Quote Originally Posted by KK4AMI View Post
    Ha, my desktop toy is still an AMD Athlon XP +3200 with 1 Gb of DDR (PC3200)
    As long as it does what you want, fine business. My MB succumb to a spot of corrosion and thus, I have to move forward.

You said succumb. :rofl: :rofl:
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Quote Originally Posted by NA4BH View Post
    You said penis.

Quote Originally Posted by NA4BH View Post
    If at first you don't succumb...
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.