Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WPX Phone this weekend...More BITCHIN on the HORIZON !

Tiki Bearer

WPX Phone this weekend...More BITCHIN on the HORIZON !

WPX Phone begins 0000z Saturday and runs until 2359z Sunday.
    48 hours of NO Q's for the Weak & Clueless
    I can hear the whining now !

I LOVE to hear THEM whine, bitch and complain !
    It does a body good !

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA
    Good contest. Unfortunately, I'm going to CA tomorrow, so I'm going to miss it. It's easily my favorite contest.

Would have liked to work it from IL, as I have my SB-220 going.
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

Oh for Christ's sake. Not another fucking contest. There go the bands. Contests are not real ham radio. And I'm sure the cheaters will use the WARC bands and fake the log books. And use 5 KW, and, and, and.....I forgot the rest of it. Let me check with Burt and Chuckles, and I'll get back to ya. Ahhh, the perfect time to check out MY radios and see how well they and MY antennas are doing.
    Last edited by K7SGJ; 03-27-2013 at 02:41 PM.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Oh for Christ's sake. Not another fucking contest. There go the bands. Contests are not real ham radio. And I'm sure the cheaters will use the WARC bands and fake the log books. And use 5 KW, and, and, and.....I forgot the rest of it. Let me check with Burt and Chuckles, and I'll get back to ya. Ahhh, the perfect time to check out MY radios and see how well they and MY antennas are doing.
    Yo, Desert Rat.

They'd LOVE you on this contest with the K7 call and all.

Seriously, you are correct. That's why I love contests. To see how my antennas are radiating and to where.
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

I'll be fixing test equipment, changing oil in the cars, bicycling and getting dragged to a beer drinking...errr, Easter dinner so I probably won't get to play as much as I want.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Friday night I have to spend at church listening to my wife & daughter sing with the choir (Jessie has a solo). Well, that's what I get for marrying a shiksa.

Saturday morning is the monthly club breakfast.

Sunday morning... well, I'm going to try and sleep in, at least. They'll be at church. But Sunday afternoon? The Pittsburgh Pathetics Pirates have an open-to-the-public practice; of COURSE we're going to be there. Followed by the traditional family kvetch session Easter dinner.

I guess that leaves me a few hours on Saturday. Better than nothing.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Just worked D44AC just before the start, 5/9+ on 40.
    No bitching from me here signals into the USA were booming too.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Funny thing, but I just spent the last hour or so on 20M working JT65 QSO's and I didn't even realize there was a contest on. At least not until I gave the VFO a turn up the band. Still didn't bother me. Might jump in and play for a bit in the morning.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

It's hopping here at the moment. I'm not working anything, tho - bike ride kicked my butt and I just want to crawl in bed.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

I'm in the shack. I should turn on the radio, and I might yet, but at the moment I'm just enjoying the warmer temps provided by the space heater and listening to some music.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.