Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep the Island afloat - serious challenge issued!

Keep the Island afloat - serious challenge issued!

I don't know how much anyone gives to the site, and I won't ever know, but Jeff says we have some heavy server expenses coming right at us. We're talking like the next 48 hours.

I'm going to kick in $100 right now. I will match, dollar for dollar, up to another $100 (hey, I'm not wealthy, you know), all donations made in the next 24 hours.

Yes, this is a gimmick to raise a few bucks to keep this place going. This could possibly put $300 or more in the kitty by this time tomorrow evening.

Don't tell what you gave, Jeff will give me a total at this time tomorrow, and I'll match it with another donation up to that $100 mark.

Here's your chance! If you hate me and my shenanigans, you have the chance to part me from some of my hard earned money. If you don't hate me, you still have the opportunity to help keep us online.

Every little bit helps, give what you can.

Jeff knows nothing of this, so when he reads it, he can confirm my initial donation shortly.

Thanks!
    Luke
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Jeff is in a meeting right now, so here is my email confirmation:

QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

You're Irish?
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Quote Originally Posted by NA4BH View Post
    You're Irish?
    No, I'm a 'muricun!

Truthfully, yes. I am of Dutch, German, and Irish descent. My grandmother on my Dad's side of the family was Irish, wish I could recall her maiden name. Grandpa was German. They both loved Irish coffee, for breakfast, lunch, dinner, well, you get the picture!

Silly bank insists I enter my name as it appears on my card... capitalists!

The O'Bannister was the clue. :rofl:
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Quote Originally Posted by NA4BH View Post
    The O'Bannister was the clue. :rofl:
    It's a curse, I tell ya...

Gave forty bucks just before I lost my job last week. Gonna have pass on your generous offer this time.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Speaking of curse and Irish, and all that, I always thought Grandma was Irish cause she always said o'horseshit.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

If you read my last name backwards it sounds sort of Irish.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Gave forty bucks just before I lost my job last week. Gonna have pass on your generous offer this time.
    Damn, sorry to hear about that. I think we'll get a few takers. It's everyone's chance to inflict a little pain on me for a change! I can think of a couple of fellows 'round here that would dearly love that opportunity!