Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep the Island afloat - serious challenge issued!

I've got a box of Kenwood TM25xx and 35xx rigs. All work, except for that well-known, %^$%#% obsolete Alps volume pot/on-off switch bit. They would make ideal packet rigs if the power connection was hard-wired and one of the several replacement pots I have on hand (minus switches, of course) was installed in place of the defective OEM control.

They're in various stages of disassembly but all there for the most part. I think I have service manuals for them too.

Here's what I'm going to do:

All the rigs, a mobile mount and manuals plus pots will be carefully boxed for shipment, at which time the box will be weighed and a shipping figure to the furthest point CONUS (probably Carl's doorstep) will be calculated. Then, the box of goodies will be listed in our For Sale section as a silent auction for one month with a starting price of the shipping amount.

Non-members can bid on it as well; contact info will be given in the listing.

Everything over the shipping figure goes towards Island upkeep. I don't care if it's $5.00 or $500.

Pics of the stuff will be taken prior to packing, and prior to sealing the box.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    I've got a box of Kenwood TM25xx and 35xx rigs. All work, except for that well-known, %^$%#% obsolete Alps volume pot/on-off switch bit. They would make ideal packet rigs if the power connection was hard-wired and one of the several replacement pots I have on hand (minus switches, of course) was installed in place of the defective OEM control.

They're in various stages of disassembly but all there for the most part. I think I have service manuals for them too.

Here's what I'm going to do:

All the rigs, a mobile mount and manuals plus pots will be carefully boxed for shipment, at which time the box will be weighed and a shipping figure to the furthest point CONUS (probably Carl's doorstep) will be calculated. Then, the box of goodies will be listed in our For Sale section as a silent auction for one month with a starting price of the shipping amount.

Non-members can bid on it as well; contact info will be given in the listing.

Everything over the shipping figure goes towards Island upkeep. I don't care if it's $5.00 or $500.

Pics of the stuff will be taken prior to packing, and prior to sealing the box.

Great idea, Fred. One day, I'll clean out my garage, and do something similar. No telling what's out there...
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg View Post
    Great idea, Fred. One day, I'll clean out my garage, and do something similar. No telling what's out there...

Hurry up. I can use a clean garage.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

OK, the mad Irishman just sealed the deal. I accepted my righteous punishment as promised.

Thanks again for supporting the HamIsland Forums!
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Hurry up. I can use a clean garage.
    That's gonna set you back a few pennies, it's a two car special with AC, heat, and a well stocked refrigerator... :)

That's gonna set you back a few pennies, it's a two car special with AC, heat, and a well stocked refrigerator... :)
    Not a problem. You WILL deliver, right?

Not a problem. You WILL deliver, right?
    Every man has his price. I'll have my people call your people.

Every man has his price. I'll have my people call your people.
    But, but, but, I don't have any people.

where's the link? limited means atm but can send something ...

[found the link--hidden in plain sight. dollars sent.]
    Last edited by n6hcm; 03-26-2013 at 11:26 PM.
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA
    But, but, but, I don't have any people.
    You've got critters. Same thing.
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg