Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trix the Aviatrix

Trix the Aviatrix

OK, warning: Proud Father Bragging alert

I think most of you know how proud we are of Little Miss Field Day. She just completed performing in the annual High School Musical, this year a production called The Drowsy Chaperone.

The casting was excellent, and the kids did a fabulous job.

Jessie's big part comes at the end. When we saw the performance Thursday night, I was floored at the audience reaction... she basically steals the show right out from under everyone. So, of course, I had to record it Saturday night at the last performance.
    419a.jpg422a.jpg
    Caution that the video, sadly, is not great. It's the best I could do with my camera under the circumstances (heck of a time to find out the camcorder battery is shot, and that Best Buy no longer carries the brand, let alone replacement batteries). And it didn't help that the camera's batteries started to go as well...

With that said... enjoy!

http://youtu.be/5d81muD9UO4
    Last edited by W3WN; 03-24-2013 at 04:36 PM.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Very cool. It looks like they are having a great time. You should be very proud. Just out of curiosity, what does she want to do when she finishes school?
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Proud Papa !!!! Great performance.

Glad no one got hit by the propeller.
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Still have my son'r performance on digital videotape here, i know your feeling all to well, congrats ;)
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA
    Wow, she's quite the talent.

I thought she just did "Godspell"? Very busy.
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Very cool. It looks like they are having a great time. You should be very proud. Just out of curiosity, what does she want to do when she finishes school?
    She wants to be an actress. With a minor in journalism.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 300!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NA4BH View Post
    Proud Papa !!!! Great performance.

Glad no one got hit by the propeller.
    Funny you should mention that... the propeller got destroyed during the first dress rehersal last Monday. One of the parents helping backstage backed into it. Then... well, it JUST fit through that door, and on that first dress rehersal, the stage hands didn't QUITE have the plane lined up right...

I offered to loan them my roll of duct tape. I was turned down. (Don't they know that duct tape fixes EVERYTHING? It's one of the building blocks of the Universe!)

Fortunately, the propeller got rebuilt during the week...

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WU9G View Post
    Wow, she's quite the talent.

I thought she just did "Godspell"? Very busy.
    She did.

"Godspell" was put on by her acting school, Center for Theatre Arts. This was her High School. Yes, she was in rehersal for both at the same time!

I'll tell you, the boss & I are looking forward to NOT running around for rehersals tonight!!

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!

Bump

About a half hour ago, the nominations came out for this year's Gene Kelly awards for High School musicals.

No, Jessie herself didn't get a nod... I'd be lying if I didn't admit I was hoping, but her role just wasn't big enough. However, her school (Keystone Oaks HS) had a number of nominations, including one for Best Ensemble.

Keep in mind that for the last few years, at least, KOHS didn't get a single nomination... and this year they got a bunch, so that alone is a 'victory' of sorts.

If anyone's interested, here's a link to the story: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...heater-686953/

Incidentally, the kid pictured with the story, one of the Best Supporting Actor nominees, is from KOHS, and he did do a fabulous job.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!