Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FCC Reduces N3TX Fine to $3500

FCC Reduces N3TX Fine to $3500

http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Rele...A-13-500A1.doc
    In this Memorandum Opinion and Order (MO&O), we grant in part and deny in part the Petition for Reconsideration (Petition) filed by Jose Torres, licensee of amateur radio station N3TX in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. < snip >

< snip >

On January 6, 2009, the Enforcement Bureau’s Philadelphia Office (Philadelphia Office) issued a Notice of Apparent Liability for Forfeiture (NAL) in the amount of $4,000 to Mr. Torres for apparently willfully and repeatedly operating his amateur radio station on the unauthorized frequency 26.71 MHz at his residence in violation of Section 1.903(a) of the Rules

< snip >

In addition, during the 2008 investigation, agents recognized Mr. Torres’s voice from the 2007 investigation. In his Petition, Mr. Torres mistakenly believes that the Northeast Region stated in the Forfeiture Order that it confirmed by listening to audio recordings that it was his voice on recordings taken during the 2008 investigation.

< snip >
    Oops
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA
    I wonder what N3TX was doing down on 26.71? If I remember right, that's AM territory.

It's been a long time since I bothered listening over there.
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

I know it's popular with freebanders but what's that section of the band officially allocated to?
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

The only thing I have that gives any clue is an allocation chart, it says fixed-mobile but that's all. Generally speaking Spanish speaking AM freebanders congregate below channel 1 but ordinarily the frequency would be 26.715. I did find something else, PLC devices, that is the dreaded "wireless" (not WiFi) home computer network QRM generators use 26.71MHz. Adelante, cambio cambio!
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Who the heck was he talking to down there? :roll:
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Other Bandits like he was-now so called legal-should have made him sell his HD

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    At the risk of being called a smart arse,, FCC?

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    That's the so-called Spanish Superbowl - where all the Big Strappers from Puerto Rico hang out.

A general-coverage receiver, an antenna and a a bit of time spent tuning can yield lots of off-the-wall stuff.

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to how many amateur call signs I've heard mentioned in the 27.410-27.995MHz range by SSB ops?
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    That's the so-called Spanish Superbowl - where all the Big Strappers from Puerto Rico hang out.

A general-coverage receiver, an antenna and a a bit of time spent tuning can yield lots of off-the-wall stuff.

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to how many amateur call signs I've heard mentioned in the 27.410-27.995MHz range by SSB ops?
    Are you serious? Are people really that stupid?

Oh, maybe they are.

Back to use of the band spectrum, I remembered now that some of the freeband freqs back in the 70's were used for military ops.
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WU9G View Post
    Are you serious? Are people really that stupid?

Oh, maybe they are.
    Yes, and it was a 2x2 bragging about his high-end Yaesu.

I've heard people mentioning FT-9000s and IC-7800s in no-man's land. No K3s, because I don't think Wayne is falling for the ol' "MARS/CAP" bit without proof of purchase. Nor will the Sevierville boys play that particular game.

Back to use of the band spectrum, I remembered now that some of the freeband freqs back in the 70's were used for military ops.
    27.410 was USAF, 26.620 and 26.71 is CAP. Wanna guess why our subject in question was accosted?
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."