Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elecraft KX3 Value

Elecraft KX3 Value

You all know where I moderate?

I want to sell my factory built Elecraft KX3 system.

I may moderate, that does not mean I know everything, although I do tell my wife I know it all,,,,,,,,,,,

I need help deciding the value of my system so I can sell it. I LOVE the radio, I just miss the VHF/UHF SSB of the 817. I have been patiently waiting for the release of the VHF module but I miss talking to my local friends on 2 meter SSB, I am going to buy another 817.

First, here is what I have

Factory assembled Elecraft KX3, one of the first 50 serial numbers.
    KXSER Interface Serial Cable
    KXUSB Interface USB Cable
    MH3 Hand Microphone
    KXFL3 dual-Passband Roofing Filter
    KXAT3 Internal, 20-W Automatic Antenna Tuner
    KXPD3 Precision Iambic Keyer Paddle with the KXPD3MDKT Upgrade Kit for the KXPD3
    KXBC3 Internal NiMH Charger / Real-Time Clock

The total I paid was $1605

I also bought the Pignology Pigtail. http://pignology.net/pigtail/

The Think Tank Strop Stuff carrying case http://www.thinktankphoto.com/produc...obe-stuff.aspx

A Heil Pro Set K2

I need your honest opinions of how much I should be selling it for. I do take Paypal

Thoughts?

I can't say how much you should ask for it but, damn, it's gonna be a lot more than I can afford or I'd buy it from you in a second. Good luck with the sale.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Witch Doctor
    Deleted
    Last edited by WN9HJW; 08-23-2013 at 08:01 PM.

Keep the KX3, find a nice used IC706 ($300-400) or an FT857 ($400-500), you'll get more power out for your local 2m SSB contacts and the loss you would take on the KX3 will almost offset the price of a used 706.
    "Two is One, One is None"

"I used to think people were attracted to me because of my charm and personality
    but my doctor just told me it's because I'm so fat that I have my own gravitational pull!"

Quote <KA9MOT> : The Truth!
    ‎"The problem with posting quotes off the Internet is you never know if they're genuine."--Gen. George Washington at the Battle of Gettysburg, February 30, 1908

It isn't worth any more than $73.88, including shipping. I'll get my shipping info to you later. Do you take PayPal?
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

If i were you...keep the KX3! Im trying to figure out if its worth having the repairs done to my 2 old rigs vs buying one new one (i know im an extra and should be able to do all the repairs myself, i have no bench equipment). I would love a KX3 in here.
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.

You don't need no stinkin bench equipment.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Yea, sorry the swap meet you deal with has become a difficult place in many ways. My guess is you'll miss the KX3 if you sell it.

KB3LAZ (The Island Vampire) has/was making a lot of comments about getting that rig, dunno if the timing is good for him now.

If 2M SSB is what you miss, maybe a single band all mode would work? They are relatively cheap.

I have an IC-251A for instance. Still surprises me how good it it is.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

I'd trade you a well used Icom 706MKIIg and a half a can of beer for that KX3. I'd like to have one, but I've already got the 703 and I just ordered a TM-D710 from HRO with the thought that I might get a TS-2000 for Christmas.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

I'd love to have an Elecraft, but kids in college demand I spend my money elsewhere...