Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your chocolate is mostly corn...

Your chocolate is mostly corn...

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013...s-mostly-corn/

On a typical Valentine’s Day, consumers buy more than 58 million pounds of chocolate. Since 70 percent of that chocolate is owned by two companies, Hershey and Mars, most of it was actually processed from genetically modified (GM) corn and soybeans.In fact, an estimated 90 percent of processed food in grocery stores use GM corn and soybeans patented by agriculture giant Monsanto Company. That includes chocolates, which contain soy lecithin and high fructose corn syrup — a sweetener that’s been tied to the obesity epidemic.

Read on following the linky....
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

What Monsanto wants, Monsanto gets.

Not here, in Europe, they won't...
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by PA5COR View Post
    Not here, in Europe, they won't...
    Yes they will. Resistance is futile.

(Capacitance, on the other hand, is reactive)
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by PA5COR View Post
    That includes chocolates, which contain soy lecithin and high fructose corn syrup — a sweetener that’s been tied to the obesity epidemic.

Read on following the linky....
    I recently made this case and that this in turn is causing the epidemic of Type II Diabetes.

But John/IZE showed me the error of my ways. I now know better because John knows everything.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Banned
    This is why, as a woman who LOVES chocolate, I refuse to eat that nasty, waxy tasting, lecithin filled garbage that passes for chocolate these days. A couple of local candy stores sell real chocolate that actually still tastes like chocolate and doesn't have all that crap in it.

Master Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Yes they will. Resistance is futile.

(Capacitance, on the other hand, is reactive)
    Such words of wisdom will get you inducted into The Island Poster's Hall of Fame.

Americans eat Dutch chocolate, the Dutch eat Grenadian chocolate. Now that's interesting, just be careful not to pull the pin.

Oh don't get all upset over a play on words. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_process_chocolate
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

There is a place called, The Fresh Market which caters to the crusty upper types that has a variety of chocolate from various places (except Brazil ... well all of Central and South America) where I have found roasted and raw nibs. Reminds one of what chocolate used to be like back in the 60s.
    Just don't eat your raw chocolate with a bold Zinfandel made from old growth vines. You'll wake up in the middle of the night feeling like you ate a section of asphalt as well as tasting like hot asphalt as you breathe.