Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: House Of Cards -- a Netflix exclusive

Thumbs up House Of Cards -- a Netflix exclusive

Last night I watched episode one of 'House of Cards', a new series on Netflix. Stars Kevin Spacey -- so far it was very intriguing. A lot of character development, so it started off slow, but by the end I was hooked into at least watching the next episode. Netflix released all 13 episodes are once, so you can plow through it, but I had to go to bed.. Kevin Spacey plays a House Majority Whip passed over for Secretary of State in the new administration -- and then he plots his revenge.

http://www.denverpost.com/television...-drama-netflix

Anyway, I thought I'd share if anyone else is interested. This is apparently a remake of a very popular British series.. anyone else watching?

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by W4GPL View Post
    Last night I watched episode one of 'House of Cards', a new series on Netflix. Stars Kevin Spacey -- so far it was very intriguing. A lot of character development, so it started off slow, but by the end I was hooked into at least watching the next episode. Netflix released all 13 episodes are once, so you can plow through it, but I had to go to bed.. Kevin Spacey plays a House Majority Whip passed over for Secretary of State in the new administration -- and then he plots his revenge.

http://www.denverpost.com/television...-drama-netflix

Anyway, I thought I'd share if anyone else is interested. This is apparently a remake of a very popular British series.. anyone else watching?
    Sounds interesting. Of course, anything with Kevin Spacey is usually very good.

I'll check it out.
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

No netflix or similar websites here and such sites are region restricted. I mean there are sites but they are not on the up and up and they are shit quality. I do miss netflix.

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

Sounds interesting but I'm already addicted to Tremé. I don't need another bad video habit.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Treme is good too.. I like most everything David Simon is involved in -- especially The Wire.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Sounds interesting but I'm already addicted to Tremé. I don't need another bad video habit.
    Tell me about. The XYL got me hooked on True Blood and then I almost got hooked on Game of Thrones and that one about a 1920s crime boss/bootleg liquor and I just had to back away from another series addiction. One is enough.

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by W4GPL View Post
    Treme is good too.. I like most everything David Simon is involved in -- especially The Wire.
    My daughter sent me the first season of The Wire for Christmas. It was great.

I love the line "are you real police".
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

Master Navigator
    Thanks for the tip, Jeff. Fortunately, the House Of Cards series appears on the Netflix Mexico service, as well. I'll give it a view.

I know what Travis means about "region restricted" issues with Internet video feeds. Occasionally, someone here will post a link to a video of interest; and when I go to take a peek, I get a message similar to: "We're sorry, this video cannot be viewed in your country". I think it happens more with video content that is bundled with the advertisement of products that are not marketed here. The video provider doesn't want the rest of the world consuming his bandwidth if they aren't a target for the commercials. Or, it could be that the video provider lacks the distribution rights to display certain content outside of his own area.
    Last edited by XE1/N5AL; 02-02-2013 at 10:13 PM.

Watched a few more episodes.. I'm sticking with it.. it's very dark.

Master Navigator
    I just finished watching the first five episodes. You're right, it is dark. But, it's also addictive. It moves fast at times and one really has to keep focused in order not to miss an important detail. It's not a show that has been "dumbed-down" to the grade school level.