Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Datin'

Banned

Datin'

Well, I am getting ready to book a hotel.

Master Navigator
    A hotel date? Sounds romantic.

Banned
    Ham. Pork. Romantic.

Master Navigator
    One day, before I die (or before the Hara Arena is condemned), I wanna go to the Datin' Hamfest.
    Last edited by XE1/N5AL; 02-02-2013 at 01:39 AM.

Banned
    Unless you are 112, it will be condemned first.

Master Navigator
    Probably so. Maybe I can persuade Pat ('MHZ) to swing down to Central Mexico to pick me up on his next epic trek to Dayton. It would only be about 1300 miles out of his way. I remember that his old Town Car had bullet hole decals on the trunk lid. If we chose our route carefully, we might be able to get some real bullet holes in his new Town Car!

Banned
    Tell him that there are no black widder spiders on your specified route and he will oblige for sure.

I'm all set for the trip. Have my Motel reservation in and the Town Car is ready. less than 4 months to go. All those bullet holes came from trying to escape from East St Louis! They haven't started to schedule programs yet, but I should be able to reprise my Crest Radio Museum/Vintage radio restoration program that I put on last year. That was packed! They had a change in the ARRL booth setup, but looks like I will be helping out in the HT testing area with Bob WB1GCM of the ARRL Lab. SO Dayton is a GO! Anxious for another wonderful Hamvention!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wa6mhz View Post
    ... All those bullet holes came from trying to escape from East St Louis! ...
    I have already told everybody in Illinois all about you so they know you are coming this year.

Our room is booked.

Jerry, since suddenseer probably won't be in the area this year for 'DSG's Friday evening birthday dinner/margarita-fest, are you interested in joining us?

The invite is open to everyone else who's planning on attending.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."