Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not really a for sale but more of a what is it worth

Not really a for sale but more of a what is it worth

I have a neighbor who has offered me a lot deal on some old equipment he had from when he had a commercial radio shop.
    I just need a clue to what some of it is worth.
    Techtronics 465 oscilloscope with cables.
    Bird watt meter with multiple slugs (5 or 6)
    Astron 25 amp power supply
    Astron 35 amp power supply
    About 20 mobile antennas for various bands
    100 watt 2 meter amplifier.
    Antenna accessories (diplexers Mounts)
    Any one have a clue what some of this is worth?
    He shot me a price for the lot and it sounds good but I want to make sure and convince the xyl that I am getting a bargain....LOL
    Last edited by kb2crk; 01-30-2013 at 04:14 PM.

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Not sure what all that is worth, but I wish I had somethin like that fall into my lap lol

I could use a few of those items myself...
    But with my luck, something like that would fall into my lap about now, when I'm flat broke hahaha
    "People LOVE controversy and conflict. Especially hams..." -- WU9G

"Mostly just attention whores whoring for attention." -- KC4CGC

"Don't take your ham radio too seriously." --N2CHX

Radio shack: "You've got questions? We've got blank stares...."

If I grab it up some will be going on the market. As my 2 meter radios are 100w or better I really dont need the amp. The power supplies are a different matter. I have a couple Maratracs i could use as base radios with them. The Bird watt meter, not an absolute need either. I am hoping that I can get enough for what I dont want to cover the rest...LOL

some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

The Bird meter and slugs should get you $200-$250 on eBay, possibly a bit more. The Astron 35 goes for about $100.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 01-30-2013 at 04:35 PM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2crk View Post
    If I grab it up some will be going on the market. As my 2 meter radios are 100w or better I really dont need the amp. The power supplies are a different matter. I have a couple Maratracs i could use as base radios with them. The Bird watt meter, not an absolute need either. I am hoping that I can get enough for what I dont want to cover the rest...LOL
    Right on.. Makes sense to recover some if not all of the cost of the lot by selling a few items :)
    I'd be interested in that 2 meter amp, my 8800R provides most of what I need.. It would be kinda nice to have an amp in the mobile for my HT.. But finances aren't looking good right now unfortunately..
    Some unexpected expenses came up recently and I'm not sure how long that'll take to recover from :(
    "People LOVE controversy and conflict. Especially hams..." -- WU9G

"Mostly just attention whores whoring for attention." -- KC4CGC

"Don't take your ham radio too seriously." --N2CHX

Radio shack: "You've got questions? We've got blank stares...."

That is good info as the bird meter and slugs could recoup half the asking price by itself....

That TeK 465 scope is a really nice scope and useful for lots of applications. It is high frequency enough it will work in the RF region. I have one but the contacts are hosed up. There are newer, better scopes, but that is a nice compact package and they work great when they work.

Of course, KEEP the Astron supplies, and the 2M Power Amp. I can't see anything U would want to get rid of. All useful equipment

Quote Originally Posted by wa6mhz View Post
    That TeK 465 scope is a really nice scope and useful for lots of applications. It is high frequency enough it will work in the RF region. I have one but the contacts are hosed up. There are newer, better scopes, but that is a nice compact package and they work great when they work.

Of course, KEEP the Astron supplies, and the 2M Power Amp. I can't see anything U would want to get rid of. All useful equipment
    If my radios put out as much power as the amp, why would I need the amp? Lets see, The Astro Spectra in the van runs 110w so to dig up my htx 202 and hook up an amp just does not make sense to me...

Quote Originally Posted by kb2crk View Post
    If my radios put out as much power as the amp, why would I need the amp? Lets see, The Astro Spectra in the van runs 110w so to dig up my htx 202 and hook up an amp just does not make sense to me...
    Because he didn't read that part. I've been seeing this a lot in the last couple of months from several sources in many places.

I wish I could afford that 465!
    -gary
    "When you want to know how things really work, study them when they're coming apart." -William Gibson
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?" -KJ3N