Thread: Need source: multi-pin power connectors

Need source: multi-pin power connectors

Hi gang,

Does anyone know of an online source for something along the lines of a 6 or 8 pin
    connector set, along the lines of the old Heathkit and Collins octal connectors, except
    without the RIDICULOUS "vintage eBay buy now" price tags? I've Googled and come
    up with nothing much...

Purpose: I want to standardize all my homebrew power supplies. Every time I find
    an old HV transformer, I build it up into a supply to have on hand for projects - 125v,
    250v, 300v, 400v, etc. etc. Over the years, I've used whatever was on hand but
    now none of them match. I want to rewire all the supplies to be the same female
    connector on ALL of them, with a standard pinout. Then the homebrew transmitters,
    receivers, whatever, that I build can mate with matching connectors.

I once had a TON of the octal cable sets, but alas sold them off on eBay over 10 years ago.

Anyone? Or anyone with a stash of octal cable sets (6 pieces of each end) they'd want
    to part with? Or Jones plugs or similar? Just needs to be at least 6 conductors.

Thanks all!

Dave
    W7UUU
    Check out my site: www.W7UUU.net - it's not all about yew ewe, you!

Have you checked Surplus Sales and Mendehlson's?
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Are the "locking audio connectors" any good to you? These are the same family as the old transceiver microphone connectors and seem to go up to 8 ways. They're also well-priced.

Thanks for the tips guys - I actually ended up with a local source right here in
    town (Tacoma, WA) - I found a place here in town that has
    a crammed WAREHOUSE FULL of old radio and electronic parts and bits! I never
    knew it was there. I spent 2 hours digging through boxes and bins and shelves,
    finding all sorts of cool bits - including Cinch Jones power connectors. I found
    5 complete sets (female jack, male plug) in the 6-pin for only $3.50 a complete
    set - I thought was a great price.

Nice to have a new place to find cool parts!

Dave
    W7UUU
    Check out my site: www.W7UUU.net - it's not all about yew ewe, you!