Page 298 of 351 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300308348 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 3501

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Since a week, sunny temps above 20 C, yesterday the first summerday in the country with 25.3 C, will keep on for the ext week.
    Country is full of tourists, here Germans hiring sailing boats/yachts to act as if they can actually sail...
    Beaches are full, beach bars will have a splendid week-end.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Charles, Luke, Jim and anyone else in the SC/NC/VA/MD areas...stay sharp today. SPC says you're going to get severe WX this afternoon.
    Got pretty stormy with breaks of sunshine between bouts of battering rain and wind. Tornado warnings went out.
    Soon as it was over the temp dropped to a chill.

Any of our members on and near a line from Lubbock, TX to Tulsa, OK would be wise to keep a sharp eye on the sky today. SPC has a High Risk Day 1 up for that area and this includes the possibility of violent, long-tracked tornadoes.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

My first in awhile. I am enjoying mid o0's day, low 70's at might. The storm in the Atlantic will start sucking the moisture from the air tomorrow. We will see very dry air, and mid 90's the rest of the week.i got to see my first summertime 5:00 pm storm. It rains like crazy for 30 minutes, partly cloudy. The sun pops back out, and in 30 minutes, the pavement is all dry again.
    Remember, our favorite news stories always begins with, "a Florida man"....

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Don't forget that when the grass comes up Ahiya turns steamy. That's why they have the big hamfester early, or with that oppressive heat and humidity making it feel like you're in a bag, nobody would come. Oh, I doubt I'm the only one who passed through toxic gas clouds released by sprayed liquid pig poop in the farmland on the way to the big fester.

Life gets bearable in spring and autumn, I'm at that age when my comfort zone has narrowed. I don't know which is worse, winter's foggy freeze or the dragon breath winds of summer. I get a laugh out of the prognosticators, the latest is the "upcoming T storms" based on today's tornadic activities in the Midwest likely to evaporate over eastern Pennsylvania. Then when it gets hot and steamy they'll say they expect sunshine when bubbles of hot humid air rise through the thermocline producing "popcorn" T storms that evaporate within minutes.

Hmmm, funny how I'm teaching my spell checker meteorological terms.
    Fascinating. I'm trying to forecast weather using stone knives and bear skins.

Spock & Kirk-City On The Edge Of Forever.jpg
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Already setting up to be a hot Summer. Expecting high 90's starting tomorrow and through the foreseeable future.
    Rain ... has declined. Yep, after a year of rain, 68+ inches, haven't seen any substantial rain in almost a week. Two weeks before that the rain slowed to a very noticeable degree. If it gets hot and stays hot, the area could very very well dry up despite the surplus.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    Don't forget that when the grass comes up Ahiya turns steamy. That's why they have the big hamfester early, or with that oppressive heat and humidity making it feel like you're in a bag, nobody would come. Oh, I doubt I'm the only one who passed through toxic gas clouds released by sprayed liquid pig poop in the farmland on the way to the big fester.

Life gets bearable in spring and autumn, I'm at that age when my comfort zone has narrowed. I don't know which is worse, winter's foggy freeze or the dragon breath winds of summer. I get a laugh out of the prognosticators, the latest is the "upcoming T storms" based on today's tornadic activities in the Midwest likely to evaporate over eastern Pennsylvania. Then when it gets hot and steamy they'll say they expect sunshine when bubbles of hot humid air rise through the thermocline producing "popcorn" T storms that evaporate within minutes.

Hmmm, funny how I'm teaching my spell checker meteorological terms.
    Fascinating. I'm trying to forecast weather using stone knives and bear skins.

Spock & Kirk-City On The Edge Of Forever.jpg
    That was probably one of THE best Star Trek episodes ever.

No, I haven't had time to repair my signature yet, but thanks for the file Warren.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

I believe that the only legitimate response to the weather we’ve been experiencing here in California lately is “What kind of bullshit is this, anyway?”
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Just what the Germans asked getting 4 to 6 inches of rain in a few hours in already soaked ground and rivers and brooks already full from melting snow.... more damage control, flooded houses bridges down etc.
    Here? first month in 14 months which will not be too warm, still large shortage in rain, the story continues...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

It's raining again.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.