Page 277 of 351 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287327 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 3501

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

We just experience the hottest May month in 300 years, 28 - 31 C sunny, 16 summer days in a row ( 25 C or above sunny) had all of 24 MM rain, normally 69 mm....
    I just blame my stupid buying of 4 season tires for it...
    Next 14 days bit more of the same....dang.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

I'm up late due to discomfort form sunburn. Had a great day. Storms inbound. Genny ready. As soon at the storm passes I'm bringing the radio up for some fun :)

storm.jpg
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

A couple weeks ago we had a fast moving tight line of thunderstorms stretching from Maine to Maryland. It formed a bow shape on the radar map which is indicative of a derecho. It was also fast moving blazing eastward at about 65+ mph. True to form it was a primarily a wind event causing widespread damage along the entire line. Some places reallly got cobbered bad, other areas were spared somewhat.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

8AM and it was already too hot and muggy to keep working outside. I'd gotten up early to do a bit of work on one of my motorcycles and as soon as the sun peeked over the house, the fun was over.

Counter intuitive, though, are those late evening bicycle rides where the mercury is in the high 80s and above. It's actually cooler while in motion, regardless of the level of physical activity. Gatorade and similar electrolyte replenishments are your friends.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

I would like to see 6 days without rain. I am getting out of Ohiya, headed south as soon as this house is sold. I am just going to have to hire help. I passed my physical/occupational therapies this week. I should be good to go. I am allowed to drive for an hour this week.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Got up at 5:30 am today. It was cloudy. Headed out on the bike at 7:15 am and it was still cloudy but the sun was peaking through.
    Got about mid 80's in the morning around 10 am but at 7:50 am I arrived at Michelin NA headquarters for Cars & Coffee.
    Little by little the sun was peaking through more until it held its own against the clouds, poking holes through nature's lightbox.

Cloudy and cool, 18 C rest of the week better sunny and 25 C +.
    After the hot dry sunny May we experience a drought here, 26 mm rain this month from normal 66 mm, last month we had even less.
    Farmers complaining, but that seems normal, to dry to hot to wet etc etc..
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

It's been water world here since field day... according to the radar it might be over.

I hope so- it's so humid!
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

This years shortage in rain is 150 mm ( 6 inches for you guys) till now and the next 14 days no rain expected, more warm sunny weather.
    Just cut the grass on the front lawn, still green, but that is because i never water it, so the roots are quite deep, that will tach the grass not to become "lazy", dig for water ;)
    Last edited by PA5COR; 06-27-2018 at 11:56 AM.