Page 306 of 351 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 3501

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Sun is out now but weather reports calling for more rain. We shall see

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

A solid week of rain expected with highs varying from the mid 50's (13ºC) to the mid 70's (24.5ºC) with the lowest low being about 45ºF (7.2ºC).
    It's already rather damp. Saturated in fact. Last time the rains blew out my large river rocks in the ditch out front. I set down some pavers and redid the river rocks at the 24" pipe outlet that's there to cross under the driveway. I guess we'll see how well it holds up this time.
    I may have to update some stuff since the rain is starting to be digitized per government rules changes. Oh well. Progress.

The Greenies having settled finally on "climate change" are still raving about man made CO2 so please stop breathing. That having been said, the Flat Earthers may be right. With summers being cooler and winters warmer the planet seems to be having even temperatures and it's monsoon season everywhere. It's getting like Quito, Ecuador "The City Of Eternal Spring" and that suits my fancy, but the angels are drowning us, Who'll Stop The Rain? NOEE, WHERE ARE YE?
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Current situation: 60ºF (15.5ºC) and this radar snapshot(s).

Weather_1-11-2020CU.jpg

Weather_1-11-2020FO.jpg

It was 60F in SECT, slightly warmer tomorrow. Expect winter to return starting next week.

Hartford, CT
    Jan 24, 1967 - 63F (high)
    Feb 7, 1967 - 16F (high)
    https://www.almanac.com/weather/hist...ord/1967-02-07

1967 winter noted for one of the worst blizzard to occur in Michigan.

Jan 26, 1950 - New York City, 71.1F (high)
    https://www.almanac.com/weather/hist...ork/1950-01-26

There must be a barrier between us, Deep In The Heart Of Jersey the 5 Day calls for temps in the low 50s and continuing monsoon.

You brought back some unpleasant memories, 1967 was NOT a very good year Mr. Sinatra. It was The Summer of Love only in Frisco, everywhere else in the U.S. it was The Summer of Hate, and a long, hot summer it was as our major cities burned. Then Santa brought an awfully cold and snowy winter, he should have left the North Pole where it was. I and my friends got caught between the race riots and Vietnam. I breathed a sigh of relief when classified 1Y, others not so lucky got drafted, and one smart cookie joined the Navy. He went through one horrible winter at Naval Station Great Lakes, and later sleep deprived and nearly deafened aboard the New Jersey stationed outside the range of shore batteries lobbing 16" 2,000lb shells at them. The poor bastards who found themselves in the Army lucked out being stationed in non combat areas, but they returned different from when they left. No, 1967 was NOT a very good year.

New York, New York, it's a HELL of a town, the temperature's up and The Battery's down. The lyrics are subject to interpretation! In the middle of the East Side of Manhattan is the Hell's Gate neighborhood with a major Con Ed generator's stacks belching, and behind it the currents in the East River are treacherous. Then there's the Battery at the southern tip of the island so named because it was Manhattan Battery with big guns protecting the harbor. The Battery is down in the sense it's discharged so your car won't start, the traffic jams and gridlock are legendary. There is a good side, a bit north is Chinatown, (the mom n' pop places have the best food at the best prices) and not far is Little Italy, you'll just LOVE the food. One bite of New York style pizza hot out of a coal fired oven and you'll think you died and went to heaven.

Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA

We are supposedly this week going to be going through the coldest temperatures we have experienced in the last few years and this coming in a non- La Nina year showing the rapid progression of climate change and the degradation f the jet stream patterns.We had some snow this morning........we will most likely have daytime temps down to about -6 to -10 C mid week. It's getting cold
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

winter has been canceled here in Europe and Eastern Europe, even Moskou is above 0 C...
    Just like last yeear, not much profit of my ne 4 season tires to be had here..., but saves on heating costs though, every cloud has a silver lining.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

It must be the Jet Scream, Canadia seems to be the exception to global warming. IIRC it was 1995 when we had the blizzard of the century, I was snowed in listening to the regional shortwave outlet of a Canadian AM station. The morning drive time Radio Blah Blah host was taking calls, and every one was complaining about the snow. Finally he had it up to THERE and pulled a Popeye Ise had all I can stands and I can't stands no more! live on air. It was like the mad as hell scene in Network, I heard the chair go flying as he ran around the studio shouting "This is Canada people, it snows in CA-NA-DAAA!!!" and I nearly fell over laughing. It was one of those I wish I was rolling tape moments for sure.
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA

Currently about 64º (17.7ºC) and cloudy with a very slow steady drizzle. Radar says it's leaving but slowly and more to be expected throughout the week.
    Saturday's storm had made the ground soft as there were reports of fallen trees from the Upstate to the Midlands.
    Sunday was clear and sunny at about 72º (22.2ºC) with a night time low of about 54º (12.2ºC).
    We are told to expect cooler temps this weekend and next week. "Below normal" is what they're calling it. The only thing normal about January weather in SC is that it could do anything.