Page 310 of 351 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 3501

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

46º (7.77ºC) 16 mph wind from the SW with possible gusts up to 40 mph. Feels like 31º (-0.55ºC).
    Barometric pressure 29.73.
    Bright sunshine with 10 mile visibility.

Though the neighborhood looked bad yesterday, we were the lucky ones. Saw hundreds of pics from around the area of places under, up to, tens of feet of water. The shelters at local park were completely underwater. Some sections of roads that were near creeks were completely taken out. Tornadoes in surrounding counties.

Got a foot here. That is one hell of a system.

You may want to duck.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by N1LAF View Post
    Winter migrated...
    Attachment 16847
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Now the temps are rising slightly along with barometric pressure. I can hear the drip off the roof and see clumps of snow falling off of tree branches.
    Will freeze again tonight then temps in the low 50's Sunday.

Waiting for the big storm here tomorrow, gusts up to 70 or 80 miles here expected, hope the antenna's stay up.
    more as 1 inch rain added to that what will cost some trees their usefull life.( muddy underground and storm don't mix)
    We live in interesting times.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

That last is an ancient Chinese curse, may you live in interesting times. This is an interesting winter making wide day/night temperature excursions across the freezing mark and unusually wet.What I'd like to know is what changes are happening in parts of the world not normally heard from like Russia, China, and Southeast Asia. A few years ago the sharp rise in the cost of computer parts, HDDs in particular was caused by unusual monsoon flooding that destroyed many factories. As a rail fan I saw and downloaded many pictures of railways under water and trains slogging through. Around the same time the mighty Mrs. Pee Pee flooded the Midwest and U.S. trains also learned to swim.

Then there are the hated greenies, rather like green heads, the infamous Jersey Shore biting flies, that couldn't make up their minds about global cooling and the ice age coming, then global warming and desertification, now it's climate change and they're blaming it on US! They complain we can't see past our noses re that cartoon, but what about THEIR noses when there is great and undeniable evidence the Earth is a dynamic planet and climate has been changing since its creation. Yes, our climate IS changing still and again will cause mass migration of Man and beast. The biggest lesson the White Man must learn is stop fighting Mother Nature that only brings her wrath, live With her and adapt TO her like the Red Man had been living in harmony with her until the invasion of 1492. I once heard a Native American say "Before the coming of the White Man we could drink out of any river." There once were happier times, so stop complaining, stop fighting it, along with climate change we need attitude change!

That 40s style cartoon commentary fits my gripe well also, he's not the only Limbaugh listening jerk I've known and forgotten. The name I use when referring to the overfed loudmouth is "Russian Limburger" an odoriferous big cheese. The comment in the lower right fits the White Man's attitude, ignorance is bliss until the price of stupidity comes due. When the storm comes the willow bends and survives while the stiff oak breaks.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Fence blew over, some plastic covering of the shed blew away, and the Imax 2000 top broke off, new spare one on the attic will be put in place when the weather is a lot better, about 600 Euro damage insurance will pay up.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution