Page 284 of 351 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 3501

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Not unheard of, but it is rare to see a multiple twister outbreak like we did Monday. I think the topography (mountains to the west, ocean to the east) isn't so favorable for the types of storms that spawn tornadoes. Funny thing, none of the super-cells had cloud tops much higher than 20,000 - 30,000 feet. It was a combination of extreme moisture and turbulence from the remnants of Florence. Humidity was very high all day Monday, like pea soup. That, we have lots of in the summer. Mold counts here go higher than the scale the meteorologists use to measure them!

Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    I bet you guys don't get that too often, huh? VA doesn't strike me as tornado country.
    Spectacular shit. Too bad people sometimes have to get hurt by it.
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Well, the hurricane finally reaches us last week. Of course it was no longer a hurricane nor a tropical storm. And most of the remaining clouds were well to the west giving us a little rain and a couple thundershowers.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Summer departed today, had our first Autumn storm and buckets of rain and temps below 20 C...
    Next week Saturday new 4 season tires will be put on the car....
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Just dandy, several tornado warnings nearby. Virginia must be part of tornado alley!

Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg View Post
    Just dandy, several tornado warnings nearby. Virginia must be part of tornado alley!
    Part of the new reality.
    It's only because DC sucks so bad, it draws the tornadoes in. Now, the trick is to focus them a little north of you....

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

86 during the day after the hurricane rains blew off. Now the temps are dropping. Expecting 48 by 8am.

We have a week of 70's in store with no rain. Weird for the PNW in October...

But I'll take it! I've got stuff to do outdoors that rain makes into a chore.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Last week 20 - 22 C here sunny and all that stuff, weird....
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

In VA, 7 tornadoes, 5 deaths, 534,000 without power as of this morning. My power just came back on... 23-1/2 hours after it went off. Great time to be waiting on a part for the generator.

We literally got a 14 hour rain, mild. Little wind yet a bunch of people still lost power. Guess because the ground is saturated.
    We were definitely of the weak side of this one the whole time.