Page 285 of 351 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286287295335 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 3501

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

24.1 C in the south of the Netherlands 28 C... Weird.
    Should be around 15 to 17 C now, summer thinks different.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Yep, we have weather

10" of snow just SW of KRIC, 1" - 3" more to follow. Pics of the snow on a table out in the clear:

Looks like a birthday cake!
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

We got about 4 inches in total. I didn't expect anything until tonight or tomorrow though.
    Surprise!

Yer silly!

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    We got about 4 inches in total. I didn't expect anything until tonight or tomorrow though.
    Surprise!

I stopped in Newport, Tn to visit family. Took the scenic route through the Smokeys, bad idea at the tail end of a blizzard/storm that the NC guvnah declared an emergency, and I am driving a uhaul, with my harley on a trailer over the mountains. Shitty winter weather can now kiss my ass! I had no idea about a major storm. My 2m walkie talkie batteries are dead, and I rarely find a chatty open carrier repeater friendly to visitors.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Tingle in my bones just thinking bout the weather...
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by suddenseer View Post
    I stopped in Newport, Tn to visit family. Took the scenic route through the Smokeys, bad idea at the tail end of a blizzard/storm that the NC guvnah declared an emergency, and I am driving a uhaul, with my harley on a trailer over the mountains. Shitty winter weather can now kiss my ass! I had no idea about a major storm. My 2m walkie talkie batteries are dead, and I rarely find a chatty open carrier repeater friendly to visitors.
    About a month/5 weeks ago I took the Blue Ridge Parkway from 215 into Cherokee. There were a couple of parts where there was snow on the shoulders and icicles on the rock walls. It starts early up there and I've seen some pictures from Mt. Mitchell from volunteer Parkway workers. The area is covered in feet, feet of snow.

Just the first days colder, a few degrees under 0 C in the nights, around 0 daytime, sunday the new warm front will cme dumping snow first then temps back up to 7 C...
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Yeah, let's talk about the weather

Regional Rhetoric

I don't know where you reside but, where I live, around this time of year, the local weather-caster/Meteorologist start up with this "White Christmas" weather forecast bull crap.

Let me tell you why, "The White Christmas" dream is really a nightmare.

A few years back, we had a snowfall leading up to and on X-mas Day covering the Mid-west, the Middle Atlantic states, East Coast and, New England; Air Traffic was snarled with countless delays and canceled flights.

Driving to see relatives locally was almost like being on a Billiards Table with hundreds of accidents and fender-benders.

Do they dream of "White Christmas" in Southern California, Arizona, Florida?

Does Europe give a flop about Bing Crosby, the movie named, "Holiday Inn" or that song, "Dreaming of a White Christmas"?

I've now found it best, when I watch the local news programs, to MUTE the weather forecaster on my favorite channel; all she does is drone on over and over about numbers that are self-explanatory on the TV screen and, she throws the 'White Christmas' crap in there.

/click mute

If we get once every 10 - 15 year a snowed day on Christmas we can be happy.
    Just ad our first dusting and till after 31st December temps are back up to 7 -11 C... at 53N ... but sea climate.
    Nope i don't do Xmas what became the eat all you can and spend all you can fake fest i cannot care about.
    I rather see a mild winter which saves on heating costs, but we can get brutal winters here.
    We'll see what January/February will bring if we get an early SSW we can get hit bad.
    all is pointing to that, so having 4 new all weather tires under the new car might have been a good idea.