Page 297 of 351 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307347 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 3501

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Quote Originally Posted by N1LAF View Post

Predictions (US):NOAA - Generally warm to neutral.
    Joe at Weatherbell - Long cold winter

We will know who was closer at the end of winter.
    So, what's the verdict?

Center of cold this winter was centered more between the west and midwest, and not the east. Southeast warmer than rest of US.

Looks like Colorado got blasted.

Cold & Snowy or warmer than normal? Guess it depends where you live. Looks like everyone got this winter wrong. (Except Cor with Europe).

Wet and (relatively) cold down here in the extreme southwest corner this winter. Nighttime temps below freezing right down to sea level for a few days in January, which is uncommon.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by K6BSO View Post
    Nighttime temps below freezing right down to sea level for a few days in January, which is uncommon.
    Same here at 40' asl. But, I am back upriver 35 miles. And quite a ways farther North. That's weird weather Carl, did you get frozen spray on the hull?

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Winter in Europe was warm, some snow mainly in the Alps, moist, and February almost like spring with lots of sun and arm temps.
    Till now March dumped 4 inches of rain, which we needed after the dry 2018 year, now turning to sunny end and warmer last weeks of March.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Things got warm and spinny around here yesterday. TOR-warned cell moved through the county just south of me; near the area I used to live and work in. A number of my friends were in its path, but so far I haven't heard of any damages.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    Same here at 40' asl. But, I am back upriver 35 miles. And quite a ways farther North. That's weird weather Carl, did you get frozen spray on the hull?
    No, the water was too warm for that, but there was ice formed on the docks a few mornings. That took a lot of people by surprise—and caused a couple of falls—because it’s just not something that’s expected to happen here.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Typical Springtime pattern but on the warm side.
    It's only rained twice here. First time from May 4th to August 12th. Second time from September 1st to now and it's coming down pretty good.

Banned
    Mississippi flooding.jpg

Here's a view of the Mississippi river from the Iowa side at the mouth of the Rock River. The Rock is the highest I have seen it of the last 5 years. This is snow melt in action.

Charles, Luke, Jim and anyone else in the SC/NC/VA/MD areas...stay sharp today. SPC says you're going to get severe WX this afternoon.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Here yesterday was the nicest day of the year so far. Mid 70's and mostly sunny. Right now, normal rain. Probably only a quarter inch by tonight if we're lucky.

Hope y'all out East don't get whacked.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful