Page 314 of 351 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314315316324 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 3501

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Flooding in my area and a friend says downtown Delaware has been shut down due to rising waters.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Flooding in my area and a friend says downtown Delaware has been shut down due to rising waters.
    Multiple Alerts (2 mobile devices) of Flash Flood Warnings (Ohio River watershed) starting early this morning.

Sunny, 21 to 26 C today...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Some dams in MI broke yesterday. Mike, are you folks okay and out of danger?
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Serious rain last few days. High water but it could have been worse and has been in the very recent past.

The WX thread kinda fell off the page...

During the past few days, high-altitude smoke from the fires out west made it into my area. Sunlight is dimmed to the point that you can look directly at the solar disk without filtering if the elevation is less than 10 degrees.

What's interesting is no spots. As in, someone took a Jupiter-sized tub of Clearasil and spread it all over Old Sol.

Temps are a few degrees cooler than average here too.

Now imagine looking up here and being able to look at a zitless disc? That was the first thing I noticed was no spots. Then the sun outright disappeared later on. A weird twilight took over and some auto on lights thought it was nightfall. Now do this for 5 days straight. Yes, temps down 10-20* easily.

We had some rain come through which helped slightly, now the weather fakers say by Saturday we should be clear for a day then a new curl of smoke comes back around and its groundhog day again.

And then to hear the Orange shitgibbon tell it, makes me want to kill my television. Even if the tv itself is innocent.

Never take clean air for granted.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Hey, cool it with that orange shitgibbon stuff, orange people are people too! Protestant Irish are orange people, there is The Orange Order, and forget apples, eat an orange a day to keep the doctor away.

orange people.jpg

All kidding aside; "Never take clean air for granted."
    Growing up in Cancer Alley, the swath between Newark and South Amboy, NJ chock full with an oil refinery, petrochemical and plastics industries, even a plant treating railroad ties with creosote, I never knew clean air. To borrow a line from Bob Dylan, "You don't need a Weatherman to know which way the wind blows." He meant the Weather Underground, I mean Sniff And The Tears... not the band, take a sniff and my eyes watered. At one place a few miles west of New York City 450ft AMSL from an east facing kitchen window every morning I watched planes landing like spacecraft on reentry sinking into the smoke layer. They have to come in at a particular angle, too shallow and they bounce off into space never to return, too steep and they burn up, passengers wouldn't like that very much. That made me appreciate living above it, here "down the shore" another sight makes me appreciate living south of the stench that filled my nostrils on rare occasions when I had to go north on business no longer nose blind to it. The second sight is standing on the beach looking to the right (south) seeing clear blue sky, and looking to the left (north) and seeing smoke like a thick grey smudge across the horizon extending far out to sea.
    Never take ANYTHING for granted! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2595abcvh2M

cancer alley.jpg
    Last edited by kb2vxa; 09-17-2020 at 09:05 AM.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Sunny, nice 21 to 24 C today and the next week.
    Clean air, clean water, good food in the cupboards/fridge/freezer.
    What is not to like...;)
    Oh yes, safe streets to have a nice walk in the sun.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution