Page 313 of 351 FirstFirst ... 213263303311312313314315323 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,130 of 3501

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    The reality is the jet stream has been locked in a pattern pretty much all winter where the jet stream is pretty much blocking any cold arctic air from making it;s way down into the northeast.
    An interesting set of case studies revolve around this type of zonal flow and the 1925 (Tri-State), 1965 (Palm Sunday), 1974 (Super) and 2011 (Southern States) tornado outbreaks.

At this time, the dynamics appear to be in proper place for another late March/early April significant event. To John's point...very limited polar maritime intrusion allowing for enhanced Gulf air returns into the Midwest and northeast areas of the country, with little in the way of mixing.
    Last edited by N8YX; 03-11-2020 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Grammar
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

I may have, probably came off wrong to John. I sent him a PM a few days ago.

Well, we're off to a typical blustery March, warming erratically. Like Inacuweather saying tomorrow will peak at 70F/21C and plunge to 35F/1.666C rather devilishly. April showers bring May flowers? RAIN! UGH! ENOUGH ALREADY!
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

It got a little interesting around here last night....11PM through 1AM.

Tornado in my lady friend's area, then the cell transitioned to downburst mode as part of a developing bow echo. All of that came through my locale about 45min later and there are trees and branches down everywhere. The 6BTV over my garage is bent, so a trip to DX Engineering for a spare lower section is in order. At least I didn't lose anything else, and gained some free firewood to boot.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Spring came a month early. Wisteria has been in full bloom for 2 weeks. Storms seem a bit weaker than what we've gotten used to around here.
    Knocks on wood.

Nature was already 5 weeks ahead of schedule, yesterday we had our first "summer"day with temperatures above 25 C.
    Been a good week, sunny as today, temperatures around the 20 C, and the grass cut short, again...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Ah yes. I've mowed the lawn 3 times in 3 weeks.

Tornadoes and microbursts last Monday morning. Not too bad here even though things look like they all got hit with a hammer. Couple of large broken branches in my yard. Other parts of the neighborhood is worse. West of here in Oconee Co they had a half mile wide, 160 mph monster.
    Power was out for 14 hours. Internet just now came back. All the infrastructure for the internet etc had to all be replaced for a large swath around me.
    Temps in the mid to high 60's since then. Lows in the mid 40's. Typical Spring.

No tornado's here, just nice sunny warm weather for the time of the year, no rain, so again we look at a shortage of rain..
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Boy we sure are getting a big ole hunk of weather right now. Rain. Big Rain.
    66ºF (18.88ºC)
    Bar 29.86 ↓
    Wind EES @4mph (6.6kph)
    DP 65ºF (18.33ºC)
    Humidity 99%

[edited to add]

WEATHER_05-18-2020_1050PM_RS.jpg