Page 337 of 351 FirstFirst ... 237287327335336337338339347 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,370 of 3501

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Too dry here, rivers almost empty, cracks in the clay in the garden, grass turning brown.
    This week another scorcher, 35 + C sunny for the next 14 days without rain...
    It's called summer i think...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

According to the National Weather Service, over the next three days we can expect an Excessive Heat Warning, a High Wind Watch, the possibility of thunderstorms and a Flash Flood Watch. The later are thanks to Hurricane Kay, which is currently spinning just west of Cabo San Lucas at the tip of the Baja California peninsula.

Anthropogenic climate change is a bastard.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Last heat going now had 32 C last days now rain and thunderstorms 19 to 22 C here hope it keeps raining shortage here from the summer iss 12 inches so need more rain...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

66 to 70 degrees today with a lot of rain, heavy at times. It was worse through the central and coastal part of the state. Central through Southern Georgia as well as central through Eastern NC got it pretty hard.
    Expecting another heavy round through the Midlands of SC.

Weird weather for the past week, weird weather continues through Monday.

All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

A little about South Carolina geography and history here with regard to "the fall line." The fall line runs through the center of the state from the southwest to the northeast. It's where the elevation drops. In Columbia SC is where the Broad River and Saluda River converge to make the Congaree River. Pictured below. Link to geography lesson below that.

https://www.dnr.sc.gov/magazine/arti...ineCities.html

This is headed right for us. I'm not afraid of death by hurricane, I fear the inconvenience.

Last edited by suddenseer; 09-23-2022 at 12:04 PM.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Quote Originally Posted by suddenseer View Post
    This is headed right for us. I'm not afraid of death by hurricane, I fear the inconvenience.
    I’ve been to Florida a few times. I fear the mosquitoes.

For me, it's sink holes. Oh, and republitards

Batten the hatches matey!

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

According the latest map, the center of the storm is going to hit the area where my brother lives by Wednesday. I told him to stay in California and deal with the occasional earthquake but would he listen to his older, wiser brother? Noooooo…