Page 340 of 351 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341342350 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 3501

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Different species. What you’re catching is the Pacific halibut, which don’t range this far south. What we catch down here is the California halibut which is smaller but meaner, with nasty sharp teeth. There is a running joke in places where you can catch both species:

Q: How can you tell the difference between a Pacific halibut and a California halibut?

A: Stick your finger in its mouth. If you get it back, it’s not a California halibut.

Case in point:

Last edited by NQ6U; 12-01-2022 at 08:31 PM.

Looks familiar:

Currently 11° at KRIC with westerly winds @ 13 mph. Wind chill is -4° (-20° C).
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Sunny, 9 C light wind dry till evening, then rain showers keep the cold there please...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

The predicted low was 11.
    At 5 am my front yard thermometer matched the actual low at 7.
    I believe this is a record low.

it was still 17F at 11:00 am this morning here. Currently 26. Merry Christmas

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

75°F here today. No shit. This is unusually warm for late December even by local standards.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Wet and blustery (west 15-20 kts) here on New Years Day. Big change from just a week ago. Otherwise, 2023 does not seem significantly different from 2022 so far. I even have to open the store this morning, just like on any other Sunday.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

68º
    Just finished 3 days of rainy conditions.

64 and cloudy again. At least it is not raining. the rain the last few days has slowed down the dog Kennel built in I am adding int he family room. The dogs will be able to be kenneled inside with full dogie door access.

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.