Page 339 of 351 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341349 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,390 of 3501

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

It’s not cold here, but the rain has already begun.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

It seemed to be cooling down then Hurricane Nicole brought the moisture and heat back.
    When it gets into the high 60's/low 70's with this kind of humidity and you've already been on the adjusting end of the cooler weather it makes it feel downright stuffy and there's nothing you can do about it except turn on the air or go for a ride.

So, Thursday was a bunch of rain and Friday was just that warm stuffy weather without a lot of air movement. Currently I have 64º. Forecast high is 71º and the morning low will PLUNGE down to 37º ... and I'll have to start over with getting back on the cooler game page. That was something I was doing the week before, because we had those warm temps again a couple of weeks ago when it was damn near 81º+.

Sunny and 50° right now. Going back out for more moving chores while it's dry and sunny.

See ya!

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

December weather arrived last night. Days in the 40's, nights in the 20's.

Last sunny dry day 12 C today first night with freezing temps -1.5 C in the south.
    From tomorrow back to normal 9C daytime, 3 to 5 C night's and some rain more windy as well.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Autumn Santa Ana winds kicking in this week. We’re fairly sheltered from them here compared to other areas of SoCal but they should make for some interesting sailing conditions when I take the boat out on Wednesday.

Storms, rain etc. Coming through. Instruments say the sky is very charged.
    People in Mississippi have to tie down their Christmas decorations.
    Mid 60's and rain here today, possible thunder but yeah, there's a lot of energy in the atmosphere.

Getting colder here, few degrees C below 0 nights ad just above 0 daytime, chance on a bit sleet wet snow later...
    Last edited by PA5COR; 12-01-2022 at 01:54 AM.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Went out fishing* in the dinghy yesterday, got rained on and then had to head back early because of too much wind-generated chop on the bay. Planned to go sailing today and, of course, there was not a breath of wind. At least, not until after 14:00, too late to go out on these short days. The sun sets early here because we're so far east in the Pacific Time Zone (almost due south of Boise, ID, which is in Mountain Time).

So I worked on the boat instead. New switch and panel for the bilge pump, installed reefing nettles in the mainsail, lubed the mainsail track, rove a new main sheet with some really pretty blue 3/8" polyester double-braid and a bunch of general clean-up. Productive day.

*Ella caught a 35" 17 lb California halibut. Very nice fish!

IMG_2308 copy.jpg
    Last edited by NQ6U; 11-30-2022 at 07:26 PM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by K6BSO View Post
    Went out fishing* in the dinghy yesterday, got rained on and then had to head back early because of too much wind-generated chop on the bay. Planned to go sailing today and, of course, there was not a breath of wind. At least, not until after 14:00, too late to go out on these short days. The sun sets early here because we're so far east in the Pacific Time Zone (almost due south of Boise, ID, which is in Mountain Time).

So I worked on the boat instead. New switch and panel for the bilge pump, installed reefing nettles in the mainsail, lubed the mainsail track, rove a new main sheet with some really pretty blue 3/8" polyester double-braid and a bunch of general clean-up. Productive day.

*Ella caught a 35" 17 lb California halibut. Very nice fish!

IMG_2308 copy.jpg
    It is a nice fish a little on the small size we are catching them in Canadian waters at 80 pounds plus.We of course now into the threepeat La Nina and lately night time temperatures of -5 C, already had a 20 cm dump of snow a couple of days ago.Enthusiastically waiting for the El Nino the scientists say will drive the world over a few tipping points of no return possibly on and on.Oh well
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!