Page 307 of 351 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 3501

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Cold, wet here. Another January in the forest. It's supposed to get below freezing very soon with all that goes with that. It could be spectacular!

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Then too it could be... ghastly.

frozen ghost.jpg
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

We just got dumped on with 20 cm of snow and we might get up to a high of -3 C today ........ weekend is supposed to warm up to +4 C ........ interior of BC reporting Temps of -30 to -45 C! ........when the spring hits, if the same weather pattern we have had for the last 5 years holds to form with climate change,it will be like turning a switch and watching how early the heat starts!.......just a couple of months to wait for that.....
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Quote Originally Posted by VE7DCW View Post
    We just got dumped on with 20 cm of snow and we might get up to a high of -3 C today ........ weekend is supposed to warm up to +4 C ........ interior of BC reporting Temps of -30 to -45 C! ........when the spring hits, if the same weather pattern we have had for the last 5 years holds to form with climate change,it will be like turning a switch and watching how early the heat starts!.......just a couple of months to wait for that.....
    When it rains, it pours. Feast or famine. Currently we are experiencing mid Spring like conditions due to the jet stream. We're being told to expect cooler temps by next weekend.
    At the moment I have about 61 (13.11ºC) and more rain with thunderstorms are expected. I'm getting acclimated to the warmer temps which is bothersome right now since it will get cold again and I will have to reacclimate to that.
    Barometric pressure 30.18
    Wind from the SW @ 7mph (11.26 kph)
    Humidity 97% and rising.

Don't complain, just be thankful you don't have winters like Alaska. Trucks and the Alaskan Railroad are their lifelines and drivers have a saying, "When it's -20 it's a warm day. When it's -40 it's cold. When it's -60 it's DAMN cold." The beauty of the place below the Arctic Circle is a 3 1/2 month growing season and it is the land of the midnight sun... indoors the growing season is year round. https://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.co...ana-in-alaska/

Spring is biting fly season in Maine when they swarm like killer bees, and at the Jersey Shore it lasts all summer when they're joined by mosquitoes. Don't walk through grass or you'll be followed by a cloud of them and people call you Lumpy. In high grass and brush they're joined by leeches and ticks, both jump. When coming home from a walk in such an area with friends you're best advised to strip naked and inspect each other (forget modesty) and clothes inside and out. Spring is pollen season so bad in the Pine Barrens that with a stiff breeze you'd think the forest is on fire. The red VXAmobile was a yellow-green come morning, I had to drive with the windows closed for the first couple of blocks for the pollen to blow off, then open them to let the mosquitoes out. This is the season for cookouts when you enjoy the food, in summer you ARE the food.

Come Friday spring is in retrograde, tomorrow's wind ushers in winter and out the rain finally. <gurgle>
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

The weather model for today was off. No rain and 70 (21.1ºC).
    Set up some more river rocks and pavers in the ditch.

The trough of the jet stream has hit us and after a 64º (17.8ºC) day, it started getting cooler than it has been, quickly.
    Currently at half past midnight it's 33 (0.55ºC) and dropping with an expected low around 29 (-1.67ºC).
    Winds from the East at 6 mph
    Barometric pressure at 30.44 in
    Humidity at a bone dry 46% although I will say it is somewhat higher here in the valley.

Elma, NY
    Temp: 25° F
    Humidity: 57%
    Pressure: 30.09 Falling
    Wind: 7 E Peak: 11
    Forecast: 100% Snow with accumulation of 3" to 5"
    Winter weather advisory in effect until 9:00 AM 01/19/20.
    Stay healthy my friends.

All the home thermometers agree that it's currently 31ºF (-0.55ºC).
    I guess we have to have cold weather although it is disagreeable to me. More so since it was in the 70's last week.
    Looking forward to night time lows in the teens. They're calling for mid 20's but here in the valley ... well, you know how that works.
    Wind from the NW at 8 mph (12.88 kph)
    Barometer steady at 30.31
    Humidity at 50%
    Dew Point at 15ºF (-9.44ºC)

Elma, NY
    Temp: 20° F
    Humidity: 61%
    Pressure: 30.15 Steady
    Wind: 5 mph ESE Peak: 7 mph
    Forecast: A mix of clouds and sun early followed by cloudy skies this afternoon. High 42F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
    Stay healthy my friends.