Page 173 of 351 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 3505

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    The NWS is predicting a high of 83°F (28°C) here for T-day.

A big, wet storm is predicted to hit next week, which is good. With the exception of one rather weak storm a couple of weeks ago, we haven't had significant rainfall since last April.
    Ahhhh....... the fun of living in the southwestern Unexplored Southern Area......all the unpredictable weather!

Our cold weather has gone away and the Pacific systems just do their seasonal routines....we are getting the rain and the not bad temperatures of 12 degrees C during the day,and dropping down to 6 degrees at night....typical for this time of year....
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Quote Originally Posted by wb5ydk View Post
    It last snowed here almost seventeen years ago, in Dec. 1997. The trees and cars were dusted with snow. Many streets are lined with trees, and the cold/snow caused their uppermost leaves to turn brown. It was the first snow in 116 years.

It's supposed to reach 78F/26C today, so throw away those Green Cards and move on down! :)

Matt
    I can't tell you how tempting that sounds after my enemy ice has decked me so many times. What's the crime like and how much Spanish do you need to know?

EDIT 1108AM EST: This is what it looks like half an hour ago. Just started. Got about 3-4" on the bannister outside right now.

P_20141126_100158_HDR_1.jpg
    Last edited by N2NH; 11-26-2014 at 11:10 AM.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

From the NWS:

An intensifying storm will impact southern California early Monday through Wednesday of next week. This storm is likely to bring moderate to heavy precipitation, possible significant high elevation snow and gusty southwest to west winds to the area.

Kewl! We need it.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

After months of sweltering heat, humidity and hiding in air conditioned rooms I really don't mind the 3 months of winter that are just about upon us. Plus it saves me money on electric the less I have to run the fans and air conditioning. It's a lot quieter too. heating costs are not bad since I keep the thermostat down around 60 during the day and 55 at night. Right now it's 60 degrees in this office. I have the window open an inch or so and I am wearing a tee shirt.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Orca Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    I don't know about you, but I'd rather slide off the road than UNDER it. Welllllll... maybe not.
    Who has right of way there?
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    From the NWS:
    An intensifying storm will impact southern California early Monday through Wednesday of next week. This storm is likely to bring moderate to heavy precipitation, possible significant high elevation snow and gusty southwest to west winds to the area.

Kewl! We need it.
    Looks like we are in for the same at the end of this week along with cooler weather...... 50 millimeters of rain forecast for the next 24 hours as well......
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Looks like we got 6" (15cm) to 8" (20cm) in the storm. Not too bad. That's like slush is to NYC up here. A big storm can typically dump over 3 feet (+91cm) in a day or so.

EDIT: After clearing the steps, I checked and we really got about a foot or so. Not bad for a first storm.
    Last edited by N2NH; 11-28-2014 at 04:35 AM.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Boring weather here, temps above normal to normal, one light night frost till now, maybe next week another few nights with temps just below 0 C, no snow nothing here...
    This month will end up as month 11 as too warm....
    We'll see what winter brings here at 53 North, last winter we had nothing, no frost no snow just temps too high...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

We didn't get too much snow here, maybe 6-8" or so. That's because most of it came down as rain. But after sunset the temperature took a nosedive in the face of fierce driving northwesterly winds. The snow as coming down in torrents and horizontally from the extremely high gusts. for at least an hour it was a complete white out. But for this area this was a very mild storm. Almost like a gentle spring rain in tornado alley.

Quote Originally Posted by PA5COR View Post
    Boring weather here, temps above normal to normal, one light night frost till now, maybe next week another few nights with temps just below 0 C, no snow nothing here...
    This month will end up as month 11 as too warm....
    We'll see what winter brings here at 53 North, last winter we had nothing, no frost no snow just temps too high...
    Sounds like the sort of weather we were getting back in the mid to late 80's. Blazing hot summers and very mild winters.