Page 327 of 351 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 3501

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Here in Ft.Myers, I am just able to stick my head out. We had many tornados, and waterspouts spin up and made it several miles inland. Lots of damage everywhere. I have power, trees down, bedlam. We will be back to mid 70's and blue skies in a few hours. I hope the pool is open lol.

I drank an entire pot of coffee watching this on radar, tv, out the window....I'm learning what living bicycle distance from the beach (which I've yet to visit, yeah, residents rarely visit theme parks and beaches for some reason)

Here is the edge of the winter storm down here

https://nbc-2.com/news/local/2022/01...ur-fort-myers/
    Last edited by suddenseer; 01-16-2022 at 10:01 AM.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Temp down to 32 deg F Light rain with 20mph sustained winds and 39 mph gusts. No snow yet. running up and down the stairs running the laundry.

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Still 32, turned into a sleet downpour and them heavy wet snow. The wind has dropped off a little

some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Had to go out and take the sun sail down on the back deck. It started sagging and bending the 1" support pipes. Had to unscrew the turnbuckles apart to get it dropped due to the 80lbs of slush on top of it. snow coming down heavy now

28ºF (-2.22ºC)
    (28°F − 32) × 5/9 = -2.222°C
    About 5" (127mm) of snow topped with loose sleet. Stuff drifts up easy so depth could be deceptive.
    Expecting a light dusting of more snow.

Lab test of snow.jpg33 Deg F snowing, some has melted off so still less than an inch of accumulation. Going to be interesting when the temp drops later and it all freezes solid. Sent the Lab out for testing

The south was supposed to get it.

At the last moment, someone must have jinked the system more northerly...the "occasional snow showers" in our forecast turned into 14-20" of accumulation. Been shoveling all day and there's more to do.

Yay.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    The south was supposed to get it.

At the last moment, someone must have jinked the system more northerly...the "occasional snow showers" in our forecast turned into 14-20" of accumulation. Been shoveling all day and there's more to do.

Yay.
    Thank you for doing your part!

Expecting a low of 16ºF (-8.89ºC) tonight. Roads were turning from slush to hard freeze right at 5:15 PM. I went out because a friend needed a case of beer and was going into withdrawal.

20220121_192922.jpgIts snowing again

39°F here in Ft.Myers...frost warning for inland counties....I don't have a furnace either, lol. It will be 70°F later today, I'll live.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger