Page 319 of 351 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 3501

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

All I can add to everyone's winter woes is we just had 25 centimeters of snow dumped on us this weekend and cold temperatures last week of -12 C ...... we now have info about the sudden whiplash weather that shows in the new effects of climate change that we now start warming drastically highs of 4-6 degrees C on Monday and the rain comes back setting us up for flooding events! Nice!
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

We're under a winter storm watch beginning tomorrow afternoon. Otter be fun...
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Spring in Holland, not Holland, Michigan, should begin when the Keukenhof Tulip Gardens open on 20 March. Meanwhile Winter, not Johnny or Edgar, is best spent underground in the bunker with a friendly groundhog. Mine is still hibernating, I have no idea when I'll see him outside my window looking to steal some hapless squirrel's nuts. Squirrels like all rodents are prolific breeders having prodigious nuts. Now if you really REALLY have to drive in that mess remember all weather tires are useless on ice, be sure to put tire chains on! Oh, mind falling trees and power lines, trees are MUCH worse. You can jump clear of a charged car or truck, not a falling tree.

fatal crush.jpg
    Last edited by kb2vxa; 02-14-2021 at 02:04 PM. Reason: spelling error
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

The above looks like this area when a November Witch came calling last year. Dozens if not a hundred or more blowdowns in a state park near me.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Clouded, -1 C here freezing rain falling, extremely slippery outside...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Cloudy and dreary here. Everything soaked through. Was 45 when we woke up, now down to 34 and headed lower. Still have standing water across the driveway.

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

+7 C here, one week back we had -12 C here, last snow thawing away fast, end of the week +12 to +18 C.....
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Shouldn't get past 46 here but the winds are kicking up and the ground is very well saturated.
    Hopefully we won't see anything over 16 mph.

We're not going to get by so easily. Another huge ice storm will arrive beginning early Thursday morning, and we are expected to get > 1/2" of ice again, followed by frigid temperatures until late Friday. There are still almost 11,000 Dominion Power customers without power as I type this, down from over 200,000 at the height of the storm. It is expected to be worse this time.

I was off the grid for 37 hours during the last storm. Before I retired, I had a whole house Generac with an automatic transfer switch installed, along with whole house surge protection. It's expensive to run (propane engine), but it sure is nice having electricity during these horrible outages.

Almost identical to the previous storm. I am approximately half way in-between Richmond & Petersburg.
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

I'm going to utilize as much solar/wind/battery power as I can when I set my next homestead up but for the larger appliances like refrigerators, freezers, furnace and whatnot a generator will be going in as well. Going to do a wood burning fireplace in the main family room and a pot belly in the kitchen, so auxiliary heat shouldn't be an issue either.