Page 338 of 351 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339340348 ... LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 3501

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

The last update has us barely out of the cone of uncertainty. We are still on for surges. I live about ten miles from the Gulf coast. I'm sticking to my daily routines, signed up to carry my older neighbors to safety when needed. I will get a yellow vest, sans walkie talkie.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Windy today. 20 mph gusts and about 63º. Looking at the cloud map, the edge of Ian's bands extend past Columbia SC, center of the state, reaching the halfway point between my location and Columbia. I keep feeling like it will go northeast with a more easterly heading while the maps say north with only a slight easterly heading. I may head up to a high vantage point to see if I can view any of the bands as the sun sets. It will be a trick. There is one place I may be able to see the light from the setting sun hit the edge of the bands to the east and south.

CLOUD_MAP_002_09-29-22.jpg

Don't lose your rain gear Ash. It's a comin

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    Don't lose your rain gear Ash. It's a comin
    As it would go, a few minutes after my last post I was asked to go to Atlanta at about 1:10 pm. We left out at 2:20. The weather there was nice. When I got home a little while ago, the wind was still gusting.

So, we did get some light rain and lesser wind gusts on Friday. Saturday was pretty sunny and slightly warmer while still clouds lingered. I had to go back to Atlanta on Saturday and as I traveled southwest the clouds from Ian cleared. It was a perfect late Summer day in ATL even though we are in the Autumn of 2022.

Currently:

Weather_10-02-22_ReS.jpg

[edit]
    As I was hoping, the brunt of it, the center of the storm veered further east. Myrtle Beach sustained some damage which may or may not have been overstated by the media. In 2005 I noted that the sewer lines, storm drains and water lines run way too close together. One morning I was on the beach for sunrise pictures and there was a hole big enough to walk through where the storm water drains on to the actual beach itself. With a flashlight I could see everything I just described and of course, the sewage pipes were seeping sewage. A couple of years after that bacteria and the illness it caused was being reported as people were getting sick from going to the beach. Not once did anyone ever openly admit it was caused by deteriorating underground infrastructure via the storm drain exits. People getting sick continued to be reported over the years since but they blamed the ocean water.

About 76º and 96% humidity. That's a bit tough to handle in November. Feels like 96º and there's no wind.
    Barometer holding steady at 30.19.
    Supposed to be warmer tomorrow.

Cooler here in SD, with a winter storm out of the Gulf of Alaska on the way.

Screen Shot 2022-11-06 at 4.27.57 PM.jpg
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Last rain falling, 13 C here still good temps for November though..
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Front yard thermometer got up to 86º today. Yay ... not. 76% humidity. Everybody is running the air.

Ha ha ha ha, we're wet and cold here in CN86jc. Went from summer temps (80-90°) to 3 days of fall, to winter just like that.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful