Page 352 of 353 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353 LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 3526

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Warm day, then usual thunderstorms hail, rain and severe gusts.... already had more as monthly rainfall in 7 days here...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

68°F (20°C) and overcast at 07:17 here today. Brutal, just brutal.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

90 degrees F (feels like 94 degrees F). was out to get a haircut, but am glad to be back inside with the aircon now.
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

Hot as bawlz but feels hotter. Had a massive thunderstorm Sunday. Dropped 2 inches of rain in the first hour and then it went on and off through the night until early morning daylight. Ground is still soaked in some places and the humidity is still high as a result.

It's hard to get comfortable since dealing with covid last March. My main post covid issue is having a lower body temperature, 96.3. In cooler months it is hardly noticeable and all I wear are long pants, a t-shirt and a windbreaker type of jacket while it's 30º outside. In this instance low and mid 90º temps feel like the Summer of 2012 when it stayed above 100º for a long stretch. Some days even reached into 104º through most of July. Stepping outside felt like walking into a blast oven. At that time though it was very dry and even riding the scooter I had literally felt like going through a furnace.

My last post covid body temperature symptoms lasted almost a year as my nominal temp gradually started to get back to normal. I expect a similar outcome this time but who knows, honestly. I think I'd be OK with 88º but that isn't the norm for our area anymore as we go through consistent days in the mid 90's and nights in the mid 70's ... and no breeze.

It could be worst but I don't think this area could handle it because of all the new housing and apartments since people have been flocking to the area over the years. Daily gridlocked traffic is the norm now. We're putting more strain on the power grid. The only positive thing I've seen are more small solar farms along the highways. This is being done despite the protests and complaints of the locals. When you see memes on the internet of someone claiming that solar attracts more sunlight and makes the area hotter, yeah, that originated from my area.

Back to the Weather. Another problem with the higher temps is how it affects the afternoon thunderstorm formation. If it's too hot, it looks like the thunder clouds are building and just about to turn darker but then they stop and it's just clouds. They can't seem to build the tops of those clouds so they are short and for reasons of Science that I can't explain here the clouds just stay that way and float away never dropping rain before they eventually dissipate into the late evening.
    I'm sure I could look that up but I think most here understand or have experienced the same thing, well at least in the mid Atlantic and Southeastern US.

yesterday we had *three* tornadoes touch down in neighboring counties ... local high was 97 degrees. walking into the hallway (in my apartment building) is unpleasant. the storm that did pass by passed *near* (but not over) the city, so we just got light rain instead of 70mph winds.

tomorrow should be 85ish?

as long as the ac works i dgaf.
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

A little warm here today. 91 and humid right now

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Pissing down here some places got 3 inches rain today.
    13.7 C in "summer"
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

The marine layer has been unusually persistent this summer.

Every spring, we get what’s known locally as "May Gray" and "June Gloom": low clouds and cool temperatures caused by warm, moist air passing over the cold California Current just offshore and which really pisses of the touristas who come here expecting nice warm beach weather.

It's usually gone by the last week of June but it’s hung around into mid-July this year.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.