Page 96 of 353 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    Where you are the humidity is much lower, around here the damp goes right through and chills to the bone. Summer reverses temperature but not humidity... ugh.
    That is true. But nearer to the Hudson River the humidity is dreadful. Once in awhile, we see a lost seagull here, but that has only happened once.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

It must have been a LONG while.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

HOO HAH! 48 forecast for Sunday. Only for a short while, but it looks like the stone cold heart of Winter has passed. 2 weeks until Catchers and Pitchers (baseball) and about 1½ months to the wearing of the green.

ASIDE, this morning a 'tropical cyclone' was forecast to hit Australia. Hope they did well. I know they need the rain, but these can be some impressive storms.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by N2NH View Post
    HOO HAH! 48 forecast for Sunday. Only for a short while, but it looks like the stone cold heart of Winter has passed. .
    Don't be too sure. February and well into March can be quite cold.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

"...about 1½ months to the wearing of the green."

Don't be surprised when you seeing me wearing orange. Erin go braless!
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    Don't be too sure. February and well into March can be quite cold.
    Oh, certainly. I marched in the 1969 St. Patrick's Day Parade here in NYC. It was 35, snowing with a northwest wind blowing at some Godforbiddinglycold speed across the plains of Central Park and right through me for three and a half hours. It was then that I understood why the Irish drink on St. Patrick's Day.

Still, it was 52 two days later while I fought off the chill. Last week 35 would be the warm number and in two days it would be 3.
    Last edited by N2NH; 01-31-2014 at 07:54 PM.
    --Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    "...about 1½ months to the wearing of the green."

Don't be surprised when you seeing me wearing orange. Erin go braless!
    There's something about a warm St. Patrick's Day, drunk Irish girls in front of bars trying to impress guys while they walk by... but not if you're wearing orange.
    --Philip K. Dick

Kind of an ugly day here in the desert. Gray, windy, and overcast; it didn't even make it to 60.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

In New York on St. Paddy's Day wearing orange would be a death wish. I did it in school year after year but nobody raised an eyebrow, the whole lot including the teachers never heard of the Orangemen, the Orange Order, their origins, place in history, or what it means to Irish Catholics.

"When I think back on all the CRAP I learned in high school, it's a wonder I can think at all."
    Paul Simon, Kodachrome
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA

Hit 5 right now. Will warm up then drop for the coming snowstorm. We were supposed to get an inch, no more then we actually had very rough driving with about 5" of snow; must be the cutbacks, that is a very odd thing to happen in the mountains. Tonight more of the same, 12 to 15" predicted and got a public alert via Google about an hour ago.

Can't wait for the wearing of the green. Then again, we got snowed in on Easter 1970 when I was visiting up here. The storm that came in late March dumped 42" after five 60 degree days... NYC got 4". Meh. Why Not?
    Last edited by N2NH; 02-04-2014 at 08:03 AM.
    --Philip K. Dick