Page 156 of 351 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 3506

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Quote Originally Posted by N2NKW View Post
    Made it through last nights storms ok Duncan had a gust of 78mph at peak of the storm. The reports of the "roof" being blown off as reported by local news were greatly exaggerated...lol It was only a screen door. Temple OK however had Autozone lose it's roof entirely. Thats about 25 miles from me i guess.

Temp is now 55 degrees and light rain. We need it so badly here. The initial storm came through so quick last night it didn't leave much rain.
    They were writing about it on AccuWeather. Glad to see that you escaped unscathed.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

The leaves are already past peak here. About 50% of the leaves have fallen. In the city, the news is telling everyone to come up to see the foliage, but there is little to see. A tree here and there that has red leaves, most have the brown that is seen in a NY City park in the fall.

Still, it is a bit over two weeks before the peak was the last two years... I wonder if El Niño is going to crank up this winter?
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

For the most part, still green here in south Jersey. The trees will start shedding big time within the next week or two. Got my new backpack, 2 stroke , 50CC leaf blower all ready. Bring it on.

Looks like another year that the cactus needles won't be changing into fall colors.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

I know nothing of this "autumn" thing of which you speak.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Just the usual thing with leaves here, brown and down. At least one good day however, partly cloudy and a balmy 75 degrees, perfect for grocery shopping on my sport utility bicycle. What's not so perfect is having eyes all around and hands on the brake levers on the lookout for blind rabbits like the one that ran me over last year.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Saw on the news a few minutes ago that Warren had a waterspout near his QTH. Interesting weather your getting there...

In the middle of a three day Nor'easter. Winds 50-60 mph with downpours. I hear NYC and the coast are getting hit worse though. As bad as th downpours are here, I remember a lot more rain associated with these when I lived near the ocean in Brooklyn. Sideways rain too.
    --Philip K. Dick

Winds 80-90 mph here. Wide spread power outages. Looks bad. But nothing compared to Sandy. Rain slamming against the building all day. 4,5,6 trains down due to signal wipe out. So far we are holding out but if it gets any worst we'll be cooked.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Sunny and 82°F (28°C) here today.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.