Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
Ha! That's how we feel around here. We are something like 15" over for the water year here (October is the rollover). Last year was an over year too. I suppose it's always better than the alternative...

Hunker down Mike and hope the genny is up to the task. (I'm sure it is or you wouldn't have put it there)
Mid June through early August was dry with a respite for 10 days in August. From that point on until November it was bone, I MEAN BONE DRY and we had fires unlike anything we've ever had. No fire management has ever been done here like they do out West so once it started it took off like a powder keg. Most years you could go anywhere and uncover a layer of leaves and the ground would be moist. Hiking in the mountains you could see where people had dug in with their boots and the top layer would slip revealing dark, organic mud less than an inch deep.
This year so far it has been wet but in Anderson county they are keeping Hartwell artificially low because of politics and the way they make money on crying "drought."